• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Anyone got a light?" Irene asks when she sees her friends following her. Not really waiting any response, Irene hugs a wall and sneaks deeper inside the cave.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 13

Tenebryn nails one of the sahaugin with magic missile #8 (5 pts dmg). The two remaining sahaugins in the water near the cave then submerge as missiles rain down on them.

I'll assume Tor uses his partial action to pick up his chain before venturing into the cave.

Round 13

Irene edges into the cave. Moving in about 20 feet along the wall, she can see nothing in front of her. The wall is cold, damp, rough stone. Somac gropes in behind her, one hand on the wall, the other on his greatsword. Nurlan reloads his crossbow and moves forward, to the edge of the hut. He senses the inspiration of his song is ending.

Inside the dark cave, Irene hears a familiar laugh. "Back again, are you, my dear?" says Jezibel. A sharp pain explodes in Irene's side. Her hand falls to the bite, and she finds a dagger sticking out. Her hand is now wet with her own blood. (7 pts dmg)

Ashnar sprints across the sand and reaches the cliff wall outside the cave. Rinaldo enters behind Somac. Tor enters behind him (does he have chain or bow readied? He also sense he only has one round of rage remaining.)

Inside the cave, the clank of metal is heard. Irene and Somac vaguely sense armored forms charging forward. Battle axes connect in the dark, further injuring both. (2 more to Irene, 7 to Somac)

Outside on the beach, Charlyn and Tenbryn notice four sahaugin emerge from the waters on the other side of the beach near the square hut. They march up the beach towards the hut armed with tridents. In the water, two more sahaugin heads surface. A bolt flies towards Charlyn, and one towards Tenebryn. Both miss.

Charlyn and Tenebryn can still act in round 13 (& post your round 14 action)

Attachments

• beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 64

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"By Grendath, we need light!" cries out the injured barbarian. He then proceeds to curse Irene for her foolhardy headlong flight into the cave. He carefully backs out to the entrance.

OOC: Somac will Withdraw this round, stopping near the vial that landed at his feet (he intends to pick it up next round).

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

This is not good. I better get to the cave. He grabs onto the reins with his left hand to guide his horse forward to the cave (loses shield bonus to AC). Once he reaches the cave, he dismounts.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"I have no more lights." says Rinaldo on a tone that is cursing himself. He stays at the edge of the cave, shere the sunlight still allow to see the shadow of anyone getting next to him and he get himself on the defensive. If a light show any enemy, he will attack it, trying to feint if he can.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn moves to the cave entrance taking up a defensive position hopefully with cover from those sahuagin in the water. He will then use his staff to cover the rear as everyone else moves into the cave.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 14

I hate NPCing Irene. I love her but she's such an unpredictable little bitch. Maybe that's why I love her...

Somac retreats, not wanting to fight the hobgoblins in the dark. A few steps back allows him enough sunlight to fight decently. Irene retreats with him. As they retreat, the rest of the party is advancing, causing the party to cluster at close quarters at the mouth of the cave.

Charlyn steers his horse to the cave opening and dismounts, but that's all he can do this round. Nurlan (NPCed) moves to the mouth of the cave. He then casts a light spell on Rinaldo's buckler.

From out of the cave comes another flying bottle. This time it hits Somac, exploding and spraying fire on Irene and Rinaldo. (2 pts to Somac, 1 to Rinaldo and Irene.) Somac can feel the oily substance burning on his armor and exposed flesh. He suspects it will continue to burn a little longer if he doesn't act to extinguish it.

The hobgoblins pursue their prey, moving into the shadowy area just inside the cave. One strikes again at Somac, missing, although the other grazes Rinaldo with his axe (2 pts). Somac has the wherewithall to return the blow, but is unable to get his greatsword around in the cramped quarters without risking a strike to a friend. He settles with a slight shift of position. Rinaldo feints, easily drawing the hobgoblin off its guard, then thrusts his rapier through its throat with a lighting quick jab. His opponent drops to the wet dark sand.

Tenebrynn finds he cannot gain cover at this point from the watery snipers. Now that there is light, perhaps next round the party can enter the cave en masse. He notices the two sahaugin crossbowmen reloading. The ones on the beech reach the square hut and begin smashing in the door.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

With Nurlan's light spell active, there is no need for Charlarn to light a sunrod. Instead he will draw his morningstar and take a swipe at a pursuing hobgoblin.

Remove ads