M3: Tenebrynn and Ashnar (Patlin judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
"As I have mentioned previously, I am from Orussus and my name is Tenebrynn Glimmersight. I wish to trade information, potentially arcane in nature, thus my desire to speak with both the Mayor and the Prince." Tenebrynn replies.

Manzanita

First Post
"Oh. Right. Arcane information, eh? Well wait here a moment." The guard shuffles towards one of the walls and speaks into a hole. "This elf here wants to talk magic with the mayor."

He then puts his ear to the hole and listens for a moment.

"OK." he says, motioning Tenebrynn inside. "You can come in."

The inner Portcullis is raised, and the guard walks Tenebrynn into the courtyard beyond. There appear to be three buildings within the castle walls. A barn on Tenebrynn's left. A barrack on his right, and a more ornate building just ahead. The guard pushes open the door, which is made of wood reinforced with iron. Carved in relief on the door is the face of a lion holding the door knocker in its mouth.

Inside, the hall has three doors beside the main entrance. A guard is also here (day only). In the southeast corner of the room is a suit of plate mail armor and halberd. Along the north
wall are three chairs. On the south wall, between the armor and the door, a 2’x3’ mirror hangs above a small table. On the table are two candlesticks and a brass bell.

"Wait here, then. Someone will come fetch you." says the guard, who turns and walks back out.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn takes a seat in the middle chair and waits patiently, pondering. He is still not entirely sure what he is after, but perhaps an audience with the Mayor and Prince will reveal another clue of some sort.

Manzanita

First Post
After nearly two hours, a differernt guard enters, along with a 30 something brown haired woman wearing the robes of a wizard. Tenebrynn realizes it is the same woman who was with the town guard the previous evening at the inn.

She approaches and greets him politely, then asks him to sit and she joins him.

"I am Armax. I am a wizard here. If you have spells or information to trade, you can work through me. I can get you audience with Arness or Phillip if necessary. So, what do you want?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Greeting Armax, I am Tenebrynn Glimmersight from Orussus, it is a pleasure to meet you. When I arrived last night, someone had mentioned there were a number of wizards in town and it would appear that I have come to the right place. We in Orussus are currently working to build up the status of our library with texts both magical and mundane. As a scholar for the library I am searching for others who share my passion for knowledge." replies Tenebrynn.

Erekose13

Explorer
'Yes... I am looking to find out what is available. I do not have the funding yet, as this is more of a fact finding mission, but that is indeed the case. If tomes are unavailable, it would still be of interest to me to peruse some of the books you do have to get a sense of what is our there." replies Tenebrynn.

Manzanita

First Post
Armax rubs her jaw and contemplate's the elf. "Very well. Return tomorrow and identify yourself at the gate. You may look at our library. I would like a token of your good faith and seriousness, though. I ask for a 100 gp deposit, to be put against the purchase of your first book when you do buy."

Remove ads