• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac Vs. Pc Commercials

Simplicity

Explorer
Enforcer said:
Why is it stupid? Oh! Because you say so. I beg forgiveness.

Yes. It's stupid because I say so, and you are forgiven.

As for the viruses, since it's no longer an argument about the instrinic qualities of the OS, I'm fine with that.

tonym

First Post
Simplicity said:
As for the viruses, since it's no longer an argument about the instrinic qualities of the OS, I'm fine with that.

I think the freedom from viruses is intrinsic to the OS.

Here is my thinking:

Apple makes security updates from time-to-time. So the Apple folks are literally trying to keep their OS safe from viruses.

Whether or not there are a hackers who are trying to write viruses for OS 10 does not matter. The folks who are coding the security updates are acting as if there are. (And there probably are.)

Imagine my home's smoke alarm. Whether or not my house is on fire does not matter. The smoke alarm still is an intrinsic element of my home's security.

In other words, just because the Windows house is on fire and its smoke alarm is constantly beeping does not mean my smoke alarm has no intrinsic value.

Tony M

IcyCool

First Post
tonym said:
Ya know, that's exactly what the Nazgul said to Frodo before stabbing him. Approximately.

By siding against Frodo, you have become the Nazgul in my analogy.

Wait, so in your analogy I'm a cool-as-hell, dark and imposing, wraith-like, former badass king who stalks the shadows of Middle Earth and inspires terror in the hearts of even the most courageous warrior. And you're the helpless, whiny, hairy-footed fat kid? ;)

I thought you Mac people were supposed to be smart? What kind of comparison is that? :D

Edit - Although I suppose the logo makes sense now, that bite out of the apple is because you were hungry... ;)

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Let's keep the snark under control here folks. I don't want to have to lock this thread on the basis of religious discussion.

IcyCool

First Post
Rel said:
Let's keep the snark under control here folks. I don't want to have to lock this thread on the basis of religious discussion.

Was the snark comment in reference to me? If so, I can add a liberal amount of smileys to my post, as it is truly meant in jest (much like Tonym's post to me). If your comment wasn't about me, then why do you continue to ignore me Rel? All I really want is to be loved! :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
IcyCool said:
Was the snark comment in reference to me? If so, I can add a liberal amount of smileys to my post, as it is truly meant in jest (much like Tonym's post to me). If your comment wasn't about me, then why do you continue to ignore me Rel? All I really want is to be loved! :D

It was not SPECIFICALLY about you. But I think a smiley or two might help to convey the tone of your post better. I thought it was funny but others might read it differently.

As for loving you, first you have to tell me I'm pretty.

tonym

First Post
IcyCool, your attempts to demoralize Frodo have failed!

You are no longer a Nazgul in my analogy, though. After your last post, you are now the Mouth of Sauron.

Frodo lives!

;) <-- Note the friendly emoticon of humor.

Tony M

Rel

Liquid Awesome
tonym said:
;) <-- Note the friendly emoticon of humor.

Tony M

Well done! However you still haven't told me I'm pretty. Don't make me ban you.

And I'll see your ;) and raise you a :p .

Remove ads