• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac Vs. Pc Commercials

Aaron L

Hero
I love you Rel! And you're very pretty.

Ok, well... I remember using the old TRS-80's in Gifted back in elementary school, playing such legendaryu games as Telengard, Zork, and Boot Hill. Damn those were cool. I actually found a version of Telengard for PC that I play every so often, and it's still just as great as ever. Bottomless dungeon, random mazes, and a character that casts magic missiles, healing spells, and fireballs, and wears armor and uses a sword!

You see a dragon... the dragon likes you! He gives you an elven cloak +5!

I even liked the TRS-80's better than the Apple IIe's we had in high school.

TogaMario

First Post
The game you described reminds me of "Dungeon Hack" ... one of most favorite of older DnD games. Randomly seeded dungeons (that I never survived through all the way to the bottom, so it might as well be bottomless), increasingly difficult as you go down, even a pretty good difficulty range to play through each time. Ahh, nostalgia.

tonym

First Post
Simplicity said:
Oh great, that probably leaves me as some stupid orc or something.

Simplicity, after assaulting Frodo with your cold-blooded, multi-directional attack, forcing Frodo to flee a wee bit, you can't be an orc in my analogy. Sorry.

You are the Watcher, the black squidlike creature in the pool outside Moria.

Frodo flees!
But Frodo lives!

:)
Tony M

Rel

Liquid Awesome
tonym said:
Simplicity, after assaulting Frodo with your cold-blooded, multi-directional attack, forcing Frodo to flee a wee bit, you can't be an orc in my analogy. Sorry.

You are the Watcher, the black squidlike creature in the pool outside Moria.

Frodo flees!
But Frodo lives!

:)
Tony M

Are you trying to turn this thread into a Play By Post?

tonym

First Post
Rel said:
Are you trying to turn this thread into a Play By Post?

No, I'm using an analogy in an attempt to help all you Windows people see that Sauron (Bill Gates) is your master and that if Sauron has his way, Frodo will be killed and the Shire burned to the ground!

It's a simple good versus evil thing.
;) :p :heh: :eek: :lol:

Where is Frodo? Is he dead?
No! He's invisible!

Tony M

Remove ads