• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maddgoth’s Castle (restart?)

Voadam

Legend
According to the FRCS the thunder blessing twins are now of adventuring age and many head out into the world to do so while the older generation was very insular.

Scotley

Hero
Voadam said:
Shield dwarves are the normal ones, gold dwarves are the variant subrace with abberation fighting instead of giants and orcs and lower dex but normal cha. That's one reason my dwarven paladin sorcerer is a gold dwarf in Thanee's game. :)

Okay, I went through players guide to FR and Races of Faerun twice and missed this. I guess its time for a new pair of glasses. However, all that being said, can we assume we should play Gold Dwarves as standard dwarves in this game or should be make our twins shield dwarves. I choose Gold Dwarf, because I thought they would make better priests of the deity I choose.

Voadam

Legend
I was going from the 3.0 FRCS and don't have those other two FR books. But admittedly I'm going from memory right now without the book in front of me. I'm happy with gold dwarf twins with normal dwarf traits though. :)

Ion

Explorer
I've got the majority of my equipment purchased as well. I think I'm pretty much ready to go.

How can we turn this motley crew into more of a group
That is the question of the hour.

We have two religious gold dwarf thunder twins, a druid known for his ale, a Cerebremancer and a mercenary from the Evermoors who, among their other great adventures have heard of a floating castle within a mountain, and are just crazy enough to try and find it? Is that pretty much where we're at so far?

zevon

First Post
Incidentally, the Druid also makes a good mead.

Quote:
How can we turn this motley crew into more of a group

That is the question of the hour.

We have two religious gold dwarf thunder twins, a druid known for his ale, a Cerebremancer and a mercenary from the Evermoors who, among their other great adventures have heard of a floating castle within a mountain, and are just crazy enough to try and find it? Is that pretty much where we're at so far?

So are we talking about group dynamics in RP terms then? Because anyone who bumped into Asher's thicket would cetainly be waylaid for a few hours to eat and drink by a fire. A body who shared Asher's essentialism that good comfort, company and a proper meal are the secrets to happiness could be waylaid for the better part of a week or even a fortnight if they had the time.

Endovior

First Post
Still working on it.

Incidentally, I've been noticing a glaring weakness of this character build, which may or may not be the case.

I'm noticing that there are two sets of feats out there, which are ALMOST exactly the same, but one is psionic, and one is magic.

Does the Psionics-Magic Transparency rule make their effects the same? If so, then cool, I'll take some interesting power-boosting feats. If not, then it seems that the Mystic Theurge is a MUCH more powerful hybrid class, as the magic feats taken there apply to both the arcane and divine.

Ion

Explorer
Well, I'm sure on more than one occasion Erik may have needed a safe thicket to rest up in. Depending on the thicket's relation in or around the Evermoors, it's possible he may have known Asher for a long time.

What sort of thing would bring Asher out of his thicket and out into the world of adventuring?

zevon

First Post
Geography of FR is a total mystery to me as my playing experience comes from largely homebrews. Asher is happy in his thickiet but misses good, human company (hence the generousity with food and drink. (If this possible with FR geography and the module) Also, The shadow from the mountains has grown longer and darker of late, the raven's have abandoned their nests and the badger's their dens at the edges of the Thicket. Asher's been meaning to investigate that, probably just as soon as the honey wine finishes.

Remove ads