• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maddgoth’s Castle (restart?)

Ion

Explorer
Well, for simplicity sake, why don't we say your thicket is near my home town of Nesme, and that Erik (and his sadly deceased brother Axis), and prehaps some of the other Riders might have stoped by to hang out from time to time?

Ion

Explorer
So, if the dwarves, Konrad and Theo are chasing some Giant / Goblinoid through the Evermoors, and Erik and Asher also happen to meet up and defeat a common foe, that gets 4/5 of us in the same place / same time. Which gives us a good chance to realise how good of a team we make, and head off for some other adventures.

Now all we have to do is figure out where and how we meet Endovior's Cerebremancer and hear about this floating castle.

Voadam

Legend
Endovior said:
Still working on it.

Incidentally, I've been noticing a glaring weakness of this character build, which may or may not be the case.

I'm noticing that there are two sets of feats out there, which are ALMOST exactly the same, but one is psionic, and one is magic.

Does the Psionics-Magic Transparency rule make their effects the same? If so, then cool, I'll take some interesting power-boosting feats. If not, then it seems that the Mystic Theurge is a MUCH more powerful hybrid class, as the magic feats taken there apply to both the arcane and divine.

Psionics use point increases while magic uses spell level increases, so metamagic and metapsionics do not cross over mechanically, and the item creation ones are specific as well.

Mystic theurge does get better synergy from metamagic and spell focus and item creation feats.

Ion

Explorer
zevon said:
Geography of FR is a total mystery to me...
According to this map, of which I've cut a relevant piece out of, it's about 150 miles from Nesme to Longsaddle, another 100 miles from Longsaddle to Triboar, and 300 miles from Triboar to Waterdeep.

nesme-waterdeep-map.jpg

I hope this helps give you a bit of the lay of the land.

Endovior

First Post
Eh, right... the exceptions are Combat Casting/Manifestation and Spell/Power Focus... but I'm not taking them, anyways...

That being said...

Melkolf is a Diviner / Sage. He is obsessed with learning obscure tidbits of information (and is quite successful at it, given his powers!). He seems an unusual choice for an adventurer, though... he seems quite cowardly, jumping at any possible threat. This is largely because of his precognitive abilities... anyone would be a little anxious, seeing their own imminent death. He has met each of the party members before on multiple occaisions, and on each occaision he offered cryptic hints drawn from the sea of possible futures that have proven useful. As the party is forming, he appears again... he states that his visions have drawn him here, to this place... why, he cannot say, except that it somehow involves the newly forming group.

Character sheet will be finished tomorrow.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Just dropping by, Characters look good.
Hp will be Max + 60%
Asher - why do you have leadership? it wasn't obvious from your loner background.
for known spells your a druid - you know them all. (allowed books only)

Vodam was right about metamagic not crossing over between psi and arcane.
I will allow the feat practiced caster for arcane magic (CompleteArcane/comDivine) but not psi.

For the wizard known spells is starting known +2 known spells per mage or cerbermancer level + whatever he buys @50 (copy cost) +100 (ink) =150gp/spell level.

Rumors link Maddgoth to the dissaperances of other mages, and his castle is supposedly a store house of magic.

Ion

Explorer
Hp will be Max + 60%

Is that 1st hit dice is max and the rest are at 60%, or all 8 hit dice are max, and then we add an additional 60%?

Rumors link Maddgoth to the dissaperances of other mages, and his castle is supposedly a store house of magic.

What else have we heard about the castle, or Maddgoth? Who else knows what we know? Is there anything specific in the castle we'd have heard of to go in looking for? How did we hear about it in the first place?

Remove ads