• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maddgoth’s Castle (restart?)

Scotley

Hero
A charter seems like a good idea in the Realms. I'm terrible at group names anyone have a suggestion? My character would have been more likely to bribe or charm the Ogre Magi unless he was known to have commited some foul deed or attacked the party.

Ion

Explorer
Did we get the charter (from waterdeep?) just for this excursion into undermountain? or did we have it before?

I tried to come up with a name, but I drew a blank.

Erik has a thing against Giants...so he would have had no qualms with intimidating or beating it out of this Ogre Mage.

Ion

Explorer
As for marching order, here is my suggestion.

Erik could lead, in some order Theo, Asher, and Mel should be in the middle, and Konrad could follow up the rear, because he has the speed to get up to the front if something goes wrong.

I've got darkvision granted by my helmet, so a light source isn't a problem for me, but I do have a free hand if someone needs me to carry a torch.

My Mace is likley in my other hand, and the only "active" magics would be my ring of feather falling.

Scotley

Hero
I would recommend that Erik and Konrad make up the 1st rank with melkolf alone in the middle and Asher and Theobold in the rear. However, I'm willing to put Theobold in the front or middle rank if the group prefers. Theobold's mace is providing some light from its place on his hip. He has a lantern with continual flame, but no free hand if someone wants to carry it. He has crossbow in hand. He is wearing the heavy armor now that the rough terrain seems past. As for a group name the best I've come up with so far is the 'Meadthicket Irregulars.'

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Meadthicket Irregulars - Nice.
I would assumme the charter is from either waterdeep or the Evermoors. From your histories it looks like two of you take time away from adventuring while the dwarves and Erik don't. Perhaps as a priest of a wandering god, Theobold and his brother are circuit riders, with several small dwarven enclaves where they stop and preach. Erik might hold a rank in a town milita, with generous periods of detachment or leave. (I consider intimidate to be the skill used in commanding soliders - Eriks got lots of it)

I can see the dwarves finding various problems while traveling, then stopping by and picking up Erik, his brother, and Asher if the need was great. Melkolf would either participate or not, being more likely to show up and offer help than to be sought out by the others.

The charter would still have Eriks brothers name on it, but it may or may not have Melkolf listed.

- what do you think?

edit - just saw Erik has left home for good, so perhaps he just quit the militia.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Sounds like a logical background for the group. I'd suggest we be chartered out of the Evermores rather than Waterdeep, since the majority of us are not really city folk.

Voadam

Legend
I agree with Konrad and Erik in front, followed by spellcasters.

Konrad has no missile fire and is a bareknuckles bruiser, and with his evasion and deflect arrows he is good for tripping traps.

zevon

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Okay Dazz - your the first alternate.

Zevon - can you list your totaled skill modifiers on you Character?

everyone - does your group have a name? or a charter?
and if someone wants to figure out how you handled the Ogre Magi - feel free to mention it.

IC Thread: (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=158013)

I can, but can you give me an example of what you mean?...I'm from Trinidad and our english isn't quite the same as yours.

I like Meadthicket Irregulars...formation sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
zevon said:
I can, but can you give me an example of what you mean?...I'm from Trinidad and our english isn't quite the same as yours.

Skill=ranks+mod
7= 3 + 4 Sense Motive
7= 3 + 4 listen
4= 3 + 1 Handle Animal
7= 3 + 4 Spot

also the Tiger did'nt fit on the ledges, or small tunnels, you had to leave it behind.

Last edited:

Remove ads