Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Just stay calm, and treat this like you would have before.

"Well, I'd suggest you start with the dream. Don't worry about trying to make it all fit in order just yet, unless you can remember it that way. Instead, just focus on the images that are easiest to remember, or have the strongest emotions attached to them, and we can take it from there."
Bell nods taking a moment to think, “I remember a robe, I was wearing it… but I wasn’t me. I was a queen, I remember that I was feared… the people feared me. I was a queen,” she laughs, “I am not even sure if that makes sense. It seemed like an ancient place, and I guess I just wanted answers to either know I am just having an over active imagination or maybe I had a past life.”

“Does this make any kind of sense?” Bell asks.

Shayuri

First Post
"All kinds of sense." Thessaly eyes the rows of books. "It's not easy really...even if we find some history books that match your dream, it could just be that you remember it from a class or something. But the important thing is that the dream is important to you...that it evoked such a strong response from you means that it's message is important."

"So...the robe. Do you remember what it looked like? What it was made of? Or anything about your surroundings?"

Queenship narrowed it down quite a bit already, Allison reflects. Not many ancient cultures recognized female royalty like that. In the back of her head, she started wondering if there was a spell or something that could read someone's past lives...if any. How would that work? Spirit maybe? Time? Maybe both...you could use temporal magic as the 'engine' of the spell, and try to make it 'lock onto' someone's soul throughout history?

Bah. If only she 'got' time magic. She was fine with three dimensions. The fourth threw her.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"All kinds of sense." Thessaly eyes the rows of books. "It's not easy really...even if we find some history books that match your dream, it could just be that you remember it from a class or something. But the important thing is that the dream is important to you...that it evoked such a strong response from you means that it's message is important."

"So...the robe. Do you remember what it looked like? What it was made of? Or anything about your surroundings?"
Bell smiles, “The robe, I don’t recall it exactly but it had a sense of power… of station. I kind of like the idea of being a queen,” she laughs, “wow I can’t even believe I am actually talking about this, so wait… I thought this place was run by an older woman, Winifred McDouglas? Are you her daughter?”

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly shakes her head at that, feeling another stab of pain...not as bad as it had been before, but the loss was still there. Gnawing.

"Grand-daughter," she corrects gently. "I...well, she passed away. I haven't gotten around to updating the site yet." With some effort she managed a smile. "I'm impressed you remembered her name. Seems like a lot of people have trouble with it."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Grand-daughter," she corrects gently. "I...well, she passed away. I haven't gotten around to updating the site yet." With some effort she managed a smile. "I'm impressed you remembered her name. Seems like a lot of people have trouble with it."
Bell looks saddened, “I am sorry; I am sorry for your loss.”

She pauses, “And don’t get too excited, I wrote down some notes and have looked at them about a thousand times before I got here. I was really nervous, I am not sure why. I guess I didn’t expect you to be so open and understanding… but I guess given the kind of books you have ere, I was worried for nothing.”

The store phone rings.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly nods, her smile becoming more genuine. "Yep. Nothing to worry about here. Sorry, I'm the only one here, so I should get this. Excuse me just a second."

She heads back to the counter, slipping around behind it and scoops the phone up off the hook. "Hello, this is the Monkey's Paw."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
She heads back to the counter, slipping around behind it and scoops the phone up off the hook. "Hello, this is the Monkey's Paw."
There is a long pause as she waits for someone to speak. She hears someone breathe before they speak in a low male tone, “We are watching you.”

Shayuri

First Post
A chill shiver runs down Thessaly's spine, but she manages to keep a straight face.

"All right, sir, and may I ask your name?" she asks, turning to face the computer/register...all too conscious of Bell standing not too far away.

Daniel wouldn't get here for a little while yet, but she already wished he was here. She suddenly felt very alone.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
A chill shiver runs down Thessaly's spine, but she manages to keep a straight face.

"All right, sir, and may I ask your name?" she asks, turning to face the computer/register...all too conscious of Bell standing not too far away.

Daniel wouldn't get here for a little while yet, but she already wished he was here. She suddenly felt very alone.
There is another long pause then a high pitched whine, and then the line goes dead.

Shayuri

First Post
The phone nearly slips from her suddenly nerveless hand, but with what feels like epic heroism, Thessaly manages to hang onto the handset long enough to fumble it back onto the cradle. Immediately she takes a deep breath and schools her pounding heart, her overfast breathing...calms herself down.

What kind of idiot calls someone just to say they're watching? Someone who wants a reaction. Someone who wants to scare you. Why? Who knows. She'd talk to Daniel about it later, but for now if someone was watching...let them watch. Who cared? She was running a bookstore, not hiding body parts.

Thess returns to Bell and says, "Sorry about that. Wrong number, I guess. As for this dream...I'm starting to think maybe you should just take a look around the store and see if you feel drawn to something. Don't be afraid to just trust your gut, and pull anything that strikes your fancy. Sort of like word association, only instead of words, you associate with the books." She smiles. "Feel like giving it a try?"

Remove ads