Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thess returns to Bell and says, "Sorry about that. Wrong number, I guess. As for this dream...I'm starting to think maybe you should just take a look around the store and see if you feel drawn to something. Don't be afraid to just trust your gut, and pull anything that strikes your fancy. Sort of like word association, only instead of words, you associate with the books." She smiles. "Feel like giving it a try?"
"I am not even sure what I would be looking for," Bell jokes, "do people like me come in here all the time? I feel very comfortable around you."

Shayuri

First Post
"Actually most of the people that come here are regulars," Thess admits, smiling. "It's a pretty small community, and most of the folks here know what they like. Sometimes the school brings in some new people, but not too often. But thanks...that's good to hear."

"And as for not knowing what you want, that's sort of the point. It's like the website. You didn't know you wanted to come here until you saw us online. So maybe you won't know which books you need until you actually see them, you know? Try just scanning a few shelves, at random even, and see if anything leaps out at you."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Actually most of the people that come here are regulars," Thess admits, smiling. "It's a pretty small community, and most of the folks here know what they like. Sometimes the school brings in some new people, but not too often. But thanks...that's good to hear."
Bell nods, "I got that feeling."
Shayuri said:
"And as for not knowing what you want, that's sort of the point. It's like the website. You didn't know you wanted to come here until you saw us online. So maybe you won't know which books you need until you actually see them, you know? Try just scanning a few shelves, at random even, and see if anything leaps out at you."
The young woman smiles and walks to the shelves. She pauses running her hands over the book slowly with a winsome smile. “You are right; I didn’t know what I was looking for until I found your site. Now that I am here, I feel like I am close to something… I can feel it.”

Daniel

Daniel is roused from his sleep by the phone ringing. As he comes to from the haze of sleep for a moment he thinks he sees Winnie sitting in a chair across from his bed. She smiles and he thinks he hears her speak, “I left something in the shop for Thessaly, please help her find it, it is important. Thank you Daniel.”

But when he blinks she is gone, and the phone is still ringing.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Daniel

Daniel is roused from his sleep by the phone ringing. As he comes to from the haze of sleep for a moment he thinks he sees Winnie sitting in a chair across from his bed. She smiles and he thinks he hears her speak, “I left something in the shop for Thessaly, please help her find it, it is important. Thank you Daniel.”

But when he blinks she is gone, and the phone is still ringing.

"Winnie?"
He looks around for her, but she's gone.
Was I still dreaming?
He jumps out of the bed to get at the phone, before it's too late.
"Hello?" he says, holding back a yawn.

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
He jumps out of the bed to get at the phone, before it's too late.
"Hello?" he says, holding back a yawn.
“Daniel, its Starbuck when you get a chance can you stop by the Observatory tonight?” Starbuck’s voice is crystal clear into his ear, “We sort of have a little situation we could use your help with, bring some help if you can, one of the boys frakked up big time.”

“Oh and how is Thessaly handling the new situation?” she asks in an earnest tone.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Starbuck! Well, I think I can. After the bookstore closes, probably. Is anyone hurt?"
Daniel finds Starbuck and the others a little weird, but nice. He certainly admires their devotion to their chosen field of research.
"Thessaly... She's starting to get the hang of it. She is Winnie's granddaughter after all. She'll be fine."

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
"Starbuck! Well, I think I can. After the bookstore closes, probably. Is anyone hurt?"
Daniel finds Starbuck and the others a little weird, but nice. He certainly admires their devotion to their chosen field of research.
"No one is hurt yet," he can hear the smile in her voice, "Just a little something we could use some help on."
Lichtenhart said:
"Thessaly... She's starting to get the hang of it. She is Winnie's granddaughter after all. She'll be fine."
"Good, with everything that has happened I was worried about the girl," Starbuck replies, "we should formally introduce her to the Consilium."

Lichtenhart

First Post
"She's almost ready. I'm just waiting for her to realize that, to build up some confidence."
Maybe what Winnie left her in the shop will help her do just that.
The alarm clock on the wall goes off.
"Starbuck, I have to go. I'll be there later. See you. Qapla'."

Daniel turns off the alarm, takes a quick shower-and-shave routine then puts on a brown shirt and the pants that helped him earn the nickname Winnie was so fond of. He grabs his moleskine and runs down the stairs to the bookshop. He's sure Thessaly has left some coffee for him behind the counter.
She is not there, though. She must be with a customer. The search for whatever is hidden will have to wait.
"Tess, I'm here." he says loudly, then takes a look at the globe, as he sips some lukewarm coffee. He's not much of a breakfast man.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly nods encouragingly. "That's perfect. Hold onto that feeling and just let it guide you." Just then, she hears Daniel announcing himself, and she hastily says, "I have a couple of things I need to do up at the counter, but just bring whatever you find up there and we can work out why you were drawn to it."

She takes a couple of steps back, still facing Bell to make sure she doesn't ask any more questions. When Bell looks taken care of, she hurries to the counter.

"Daniel, hi! I'm glad to see you, something weird happened just a few minutes ago."

Thessally looks over her shoulder, then says quietly, "Someone called the store, said 'We're watching you,' and then hung up."

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thessally looks over her shoulder, then says quietly, "Someone called the store, said 'We're watching you,' and then hung up."
“Allison?” Bell asks as she walks towards the counter, “I thought… no, I must be crazy, I could have sworn I just saw an old woman go to the back and she looked a lot… okay like your grandmother? I am sorry it’s not a joke… I just… man I feel crazy.”

Remove ads