Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Lichtenhart

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I would have posted before, but I missed the edit.

Daniel frowns, and is about to answer Thessaly, when their customer speaks up.

Daniel perks up, but hides his surprise.
"It happens to me all the time too. I'm so used to see her around. It's like she was a part of this shop, and a part of her never left. Where did you see her?"
He wonders if perhaps this is Winnie, sending them more clues to work with and find what she hid away for Thessaly.

The mysterious call will have to wait. Though he thinks he may know, if not who, at least why.

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Daniel perks up, but hides his surprise.
"It happens to me all the time too. I'm so used to see her around. It's like she was a part of this shop, and a part of her never left. Where did you see her?"
Bell smiles at Daniel a bit taken aback, she was a beautiful young woman with soft mocha skin and hair back in braids. She smiles, “Umm, yeah, I guess you could say that. I thought I saw her head that way,” she points off to the door that leads to the backroom, it is usually closed, since it also allows access to the Sanctum… but curiously it is ajar.

Lichtenhart

First Post
That door shouldn't be open.

"Tess, I have some work to do in the back." he points though at the Sanctum's door.
"You know, I have to finish updating the inventory so we can have a look at the new orders." This is true, even if it's not what he's going to do. it's just enough not to make it a lie. Daniel never lies unless it's really really necessary.
"Can you join me after you're done with this lovely young lady?" he smiles at Bess.

He goes to the door and shuts it behind him. Then he reaches into his shirt and gets out his pendant. It's fashioned after a sun, or a little cogwheel, made of steel, gold and small crystals.
He closes his eyes and slides his fingers on them, forming in his mind the image of his third eye, the eye of his soul, opening, and commanding it to do that with a single High Speech word.
"Knas"
As he opens his eyes again, the subtle threads of magic become evident as a web reflecting sun light.

OOC: Eye of the Magus rote for Supernal Vision. The pendant is my Path tool. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly blinks, taken aback by the revelations of Bell.

At Daniel's words she looks at him and manages an interrogative, "Huh? Oh. Right, okay." Then she turns a somewhat confused smile on Bell.

"Sorry about that. That was Daniel, he's been here for a long time. Great guy. So, um...any luck with finding anything?"

She glances towards the back door.

Tokiwong

First Post
Daniel

Make sure to include any dice pool totals for rolls and such in your post, makes my life easier. Daniel rolls 8 dice for the rote, and gets an Exceptional 5 successes.

Daniel opens his third eye so to speak to the supernal; and the resonance of the sanctum lights up like a tapestry of painted colors. Almost like a delicate weaving of threads, many of them connected to the makeshift wards that Winnie had placed about the Sanctum; though many are starting to weaken with time and age.

But one thing draws his sight, an area where the resonance turns black, and a cold misty black darkness. Emanating from the wooden floor. There seems to be a bundle of energy suppressing the aura as if holding it back.

Daniel recognizes the spell composition as Prime magic. But the other resonance is cold, the darkness seems like a null point in space. Whatever it is, is a fairly potent object.

Thesssaly

Bell walks towards the door, “Is everything alright? I thought… I really thought I saw your grandmother… I swear it was like she was right here.”

Shayuri

First Post
"Everything's fine," Thess assures Bell, though inside she was still reeling a bit.

Grannie? Still here? But...why? Not that I mind, I guess, but...I thought she'd be at peace. And why Daniel and Bell, but not me? Why haven't I seen her?

"But...well, I believe you saw someone. Probably best not to jump to conclusions though about who. Let me check in the back really fast to make sure someone didn't slip back there."

Thessaly goes to the backroom door as she speaks, and puts her head in. "Daniel? Daniel is everything all right back there?"

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Come here a moment, Tess. And close the door. That girl must be very perceptive. She has... potential. This morning I saw Winnie, or I dreamed her, I'm still not sure, and she asked me to help you find something important, that she has left here for you. And I think I found it. It's here, under the floorboards. It's.. wrapped in a blanket of Prime to mute his aura, I think, but it's still very strong. It's like... ah, it's hard to explain, I'll show you. Close your eyes."

Daniel passes his thumbs over her eyelids, willing his inner light to flow into her and her eyes to open and see as he does.

This is Primal Flow, to bestow Supernal Vision on her too. Improvised spell, covert, 4 dice.

"I'm not sure what to make of this sensation, maybe it would be better examined with your talent in Space. While you look at it, I'll see if there's a way to lift the boards without breaking them."

Daniel examines the floor above the point where he perceived the object, looking for an hidden trapdoor, or loose floorboards, any way to reach below.

Shayuri

First Post
"Oops..." Thessaly gives Bell an apologetic look. "I'll be right back, Bell. Feel free to look around the store and see if anything appeals. It shouldn't be more than a minute or two."

She slips into the back and closes the door behind her. Listening to Daniel's explanation, Thessaly looks startled, but allows him to do his spell on her. Once it's done, she asks, "Maybe we should check to see if anyone's looking in before we figure out how to get at it?" and opens her eyes, not sure what to expect.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Winnie put simple wards around this place that are still in effect. And I think I should be able to notice a scrying window able to go past them."

I don't think I got exactly how a mage is supposed to sense scrying. Can you help me?

"As for the mundane means, I'll take a look around."

Daniel searches the Sanctum for signs of somebody else having been there, and for tools he could use on the floor.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly nods. "It should make a sort of...imprint...in space. A distortion."

She takes off her glasses and brushes them with a fingertip describing odd sigils that burn in the glass for a second or two after the fingertip passes...then fade back to nothing. Spell complete, Thess puts the glasses back on and peers around the room, eyes open to levels of perception unimaginable before Awakening...

(Spatial Awareness rote - Int + Occult + Space = 7 dice)

Remove ads