• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic : The Gathering Creatures

DireEmu

First Post
Does anybody know of any sites that give information on the creatures from the MAGic background. I have always thought many of them were worthy of being used in games, but know little about them as I do not play the game.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
http://www.phyrexia.com/ is one of the better sites out there, but it doesn't give a heck of a lot on individual monsters, there is an anthology coming up with stories on various beasties, and that's about all I can guess on it. Admittedly I have the same problems so I just BS what I don't know. :D

The Wasp
Tiny Construct (Artifact Creature)
HD : 1d10 (5 hp)
Speed : 5 ft., fly 30 ft.
Initiative : +0 (Dex)
AC : 16 (+4 natural, +2 size)
Attacks : Sting +2 melee
Damage : Sting 1d4
Face/Reach : 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft. / 0 ft.
Special Qualities : Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft.
Saves : Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +0
Abilities : Str 10, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills : -
Feats : -
Climate/Terrain : Any land and underground
Organization : Solitary, small hive (5-20 1-HD and 1 2-HD) or The Hive (101 - 200 1-HD, 2 - 5 2-HD , and 1 3-HD)
Challenge Rating : 1/4
Treasure : Nil (The Hive 25 gp)
Alignment : Always neutral evil
Advancement : Small (2-3 HD)

The Wasps are jet black metal machines resembling their namesake insect. Each wasp is 1' long. They live for nothing but to obey the Hive. The Hive's mission is to spread and destroy intelligent life. The Hive is led by several lesser queens (2-HD) and ruled by a queen (3-HD). Lesser queens and queens are 1' long per Hit Die. Small hives- the Hive's outposts - are led by one leser queen.
COMBAT
Wasps do nothing but sting, never fleeing, maneuvering, or using even the simplest tactics.

Krishnath

First Post
Those where hornets, not wasps.

Also, phyrexia.com is not the same since the old ones migrated due to sephinroth's betrayal.

Kitsune: Hmm... I could post my craw wurm or sea serpent if you'd like. They are among the first creatures I actually wrote up the stats for. So they're not as good as some of my other stuff.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Well post what you like, I just don't want to hog the thread. I've still got tons worked up that it won't take too much effort to bring to a nicely written mess.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
The way I handled most phasing creatures was just a displacer beast like ability (they are only here 50% of the time, so they are only hit 50% of the time), but that sounds cool too. :)

Krishnath

First Post
Well, the only two spells that can really describe Phasing properly are Blink and Dimension Door in my humble opinion. But I didn't want the wurm to be a blinking monster, so I went with dimension door. :D It also has various other attributes that makes it deadly.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
As said, it definately sounds good to me, though I think a few phasers will remain with the displacer beast like ability just because I like the idea of a golem that can do that. :)

Remove ads