• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic : The Gathering Creatures

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Here's something that will really screw with your players heads. >)

Pygmy Troll
Small Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8+3 (7)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 20 Ft
AC: 16 (+1 Size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural)
Attacks: Claw +3 Melee, Bite +1 Melee
Damage: Claw 1d3+2, Bite 1d3+1
Face/Reach: 5 Ft. By 5ft/5 Ft.
Special Attacks: Rend 2d3+3
Special Qualities: Regeneration, Darkvision 60'
Saves: Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +2
Abilities: Str:14, Dex:15, Con:16, Int: 7, Wis: 10, Cha:3
Skills: Climb +4, Hide +8, Listen +3, Move Silently +6, Spot +3
Feats: Multiattack
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary or Gang (2-5)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement: As Class

Pygmy trolls are goblin sized trolls. They have all the regenerative capability and hunger of their larger kin. Many an adventurer has made the fatal mistake of assuming that a pygmy troll is a goblin. Many goblin tribes have taken advantage of this, and have invited tribes of pygmy trolls to make war with them.

Combat

Pygmy trolls are just like their larger relatives, and attack fiercly with no regard for their own safety.

Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a pygmy troll.
If a pygmy troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Rend (Ex): If a pygmy troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d3+3 points of damage.

Pygmy troll characters
Pygmy trolls are almost always barbarians, though a few clerics do exist they are rare and far between.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
It seems to be abusing the language to me though. And I never, ever, understood why Giant was any different than Monstrous Humanoid, where monstrous could mean inhuman traits or just really big size. Meanwhile you do have possibilities for Small Giants, which just makes no sense to me.

That's just me though :D

Krishnath

First Post
That has to do with the mythologicall differences between giants and trolls and creatures such as the Centaur and the Medusa.

Also, In my humble opinion the Pygmy Troll should be a 'Small Giant' :p

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
My point is that Giant seems rather silly if you can have Small and Medium-Sized Giants running around. I think Giants could be easily thrown into the Monstrous Humanoid type without a lot of complaint. (But I admit, I will miss Beasts)

Remove ads