• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Male gamers: Weal or woe?

Wik

First Post
See, I had a similar problem. I only play with puppies, and we tried introducing a kitten to the group... how do you keep a kitten engaged in a game of character development, when all they want to do is play with shiny dice?

Also, I was once the only male in an otherwise all-female group... and the question doesn't really stray too far off the mark. The womenfolk were definitely a little mouthier than I was used to seeing them! :)

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
I only game with people about whose nature you know nothing until Shroedinger opens the box. Lots of pros:
- Pizza crumbs stay inside the box.
- Constant whining about unbalanced combats gets lost through the walls of the box.
- Best of all: i can participate in 'Weal or Woe' - threads for both genders.

Celebrim

Legend
This might not have managed to get locked if you'd waited to 04/01/10.

Oh, and if it had been funny.

Celebrim in-before-the-lock Aeglemed

Nai_Calus

First Post
*giggle*

This is why I only play with the other members of the Seldarine. We're all both male and female, so it never gets weird gender-wise.

(I'm the Elven God of Dice, in case you're wondering.)

S'mon

Legend
I like to have a few males in the group, I find they can add a lot to the game. You should give it a try.

BTW, I remember the original post, you troll. :)

Snoweel

First Post
Well actually I've gamed with many male gamers over the years and some of them were as good as, if not better than, female gamers.

Maybe if you weren't so narrow minded male gamers wouldn't feel so threatened by you and your buddies and some of them might want to game at your table.

As it is you're missing out on gaming with a significant minority of the RPG community and you're a hack'n'slasher and a narrativist and you'll never get a boyfriend.

Remove ads