• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Male gamers: Weal or woe?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I miss bugaboo

he was much better at this.

Last I heard he's writing for a tabloid magazine. Seems appropriate.

Not at all. I have good evidence that he's bankrolled an international effort to match hot Russian women up with US gamers. A tremendous success!

A success for him, maybe. But every time I buy a Russian bride off Facebook, she always wants to play Werewolf instead of D&D.

Clearly I need to upgrade to Platinum membership in the Bugaboo's Friends Network so I can get the d20 gamers.

(Seriously, what magazine is Bugaboo writing for? I'd love to take a look.)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
(Seriously, what magazine is Bugaboo writing for? I'd love to take a look.)
(He's actually a newspaper journalist in the midwest; to the best of my knowledge he isn't writing for any magazines. More's the pity.)

To folks who have no idea what we're talking about, Bugaboo was a long-time poster who ran one of the best practical jokes here ever. "Bugaboo's School of DMing" was supposedly a massive Ponzi scheme where he charged his players, and taught other DMs how to charge their players and then give him a cut. The joke website was a wonder to behold.

cmrscorpio

Explorer
Well actually I've gamed with many male gamers over the years and some of them were as good as, if not better than, female gamers.

Most of my gaming groups have been unisex, but I have had enough mixed groups that let me say a few things about this topic in general.

I myself have games with several males over the years. In my personal experience, every single player who has caused problems within the group has been male.

I've been playing for more than 10 years now, and the only time I've had to kick a player out of our group, it happened to be a male player.

But, this is just in my face-to-face games. I've played online via OpenRPG and Maptools. There seems to be a slightly more balanced ratio between male and female gamers in those games. Although you can usually be pretty sure by the character a person makes and by the way that they communicate whether they are male or female. Online, a player's sex isn't really an issue. What matters is how good of a roleplayer they are.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Card-Carrying Member :)

heman.jpg

B-)

Where the hell are all these female gamers? I have only gamed with three in about 17 years. There must be a secret society of women who play D&D somewhere near here.

Hidden deep in a jungle perhaps?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads