• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide OOC Thread *Resurrected*

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast said:
Hey, I got Shackled City for my B-day and haven't peeked into it!

(mostly because we are at a -hopefully- long running campaign with my group)

I admire your self-discipline, Land! :)

Hopefully, I'll be up to the challenge of running two AP campaigns at a high level! I think I can. ;)

Tonks

First Post
I have been holding off, but will do my best to get Damash ready soon. With his backstory not really adding in Sasserine until the very end of it, should I shelve the first draft and prepare for a second edition on it?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
Go easy on those boards after the magazine comes out, stoney, you wouldn't want to spoil all the surprises, right? ;)
I'm running AoW, so I'm over there a bit. Both player and DM posts over there, and most are good about saying which is which. Right now, STAP *should* be safe. :uhoh:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
I think I'll throw a 'Calling GwydapLlew' out on the title of this thread.

I'm becoming mildly concerned that we haven't heard anything from him yet.
I'm posted a reminder in the other game we share; he's logged in, but hasn't posted yet.

Malvoisin

First Post
Tonks said:
I have been holding off, but will do my best to get Damash ready soon. With his backstory not really adding in Sasserine until the very end of it, should I shelve the first draft and prepare for a second edition on it?

Tonks, I'd say go ahead and use the first draft for now, just be ready to re-evaluate (and maybe revise) it when we get the info about Sasserine.

Malvoisin

First Post
Okay, hafrogman:

I just see a couple things on Keoni's sheet.

-Hit points should be 11 (Dragon Shaman has d10 HD)

-Needs clothing listed in equipment (It's free, just needs to be listed)

That's it! Everything else looks great.

Voadam

Legend
stonegod said:
Rhun/Voadam: You planning on keeping Use Magic Device at good levels. Looking at the skill, I've realized that is just isn't worthwile for Col to invest in it---all it abilities are 20 or higher (mostly 25) which would require him to be lvl 10+ before its even interesting. :(

Not touching that skill with Kalen, too many others that I want more. I'm maxing out search for the auto secret doors elf thing and so with trapfinding I will do disable device as well. Bluff, Diplomacy and Sleight of Hand are also musts for the genial card sharp as is tumbling and swim for his diving getaways. Knowledge arcana for a few magic facts and concentration cover his spellcaster base, and speaking a lot of languages lets him be the face man with lots of different peoples.

Not a sneaky scout, I'm going for face man and traps as my party niches for skills.

Rhun

First Post
Voadam said:
Not a sneaky scout, I'm going for face man and traps as my party niches for skills.

I've designed Anar to be something as a face-man as well, so he Kalen should be able to complement one another there. I also plan on keeping his Move Silently/Hide skills high, so that he can serve as sneaky scout. Trapfinding/locksmithing will be secondary, so he will probably just back Kalen up in those areas.

Since he will be taking some levels as Fighter, that will cut down on what skill areas he can focus on. UMD will probably not be something with a lot of ranks in it.

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
I've designed Anar to be something as a face-man as well, so he Kalen should be able to complement one another there. I also plan on keeping his Move Silently/Hide skills high, so that he can serve as sneaky scout. Trapfinding/locksmithing will be secondary, so he will probably just back Kalen up in those areas.

Since he will be taking some levels as Fighter, that will cut down on what skill areas he can focus on. UMD will probably not be something with a lot of ranks in it.

Is Anar's sheet ready for review then, Rhun?

Remove ads