• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide OOC Thread *Resurrected*

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
He needs a little more work, but Anar Tovanni has been posted to the Rogue's Gallery.

Out of curiousity, what are some available and useful languages for this campaign world?

Pretty much the usual assortment. Common is the standard, then of course there are the racial languages (Elven, Dwarven, etc.) You could go with something like Aquan or Abyssal, but you'd have to provide a good background reason for Anar having learned it.

Voadam

Legend
I'm back from my long weekend vacation. Kalenestarianthalus Floriandin gray elven beguiler work in progress. Elven names can be fun, just keep adding flowing syllables and it can sound right :) .

Rhun

First Post
stonegod said:
Might want to fix is 24 Dex and 3d6 sneak attack. :)

Sea-critter languages would work. Aquan. Maybe Sahuagin. etc.

I was hoping to sneak that past everyone! ;)

Aquan...definitely a good choice.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
Pretty much the usual assortment. Common is the standard, then of course there are the racial languages (Elven, Dwarven, etc.) You could go with something like Aquan or Abyssal, but you'd have to provide a good background reason for Anar having learned it.
Col has Infernal, Celestial, Draconic, and Abyssal, but I think they make sense given his knack for forbidden lore.

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
Col has Infernal, Celestial, Draconic, and Abyssal, but I think they make sense given his knack for forbidden lore.

I agree, those are fine language choices for Col. Based on a given characters class and background, some are more likely than others to have learned the languages of extraplanar creatures, IMO.

Speaking of Col, I have been reviewing his character sheet. I have a couple of observations/questions.

1. He definitely is carrying a medium load, FYI. I figure about 52 pounds of gear.

2. Did you use the starting gold of a cleric or a wizard to equip him? I didn't see starting gold for the Archivist in Heroes of Horror, so I assume you picked a base class?

3. Minor point: I think his prayerbook would have 18 filled pages, because Read Magic doesn't have to be written therein. Am I wrong?

That's all I can see. Overall, very good job!

Malvoisin

First Post
Voadam said:
I'm back from my long weekend vacation. Kalenestarianthalus Floriandin gray elven beguiler work in progress. Elven names can be fun, just keep adding flowing syllables and it can sound right :) .

Glad to see you back, Voadam! :)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
1. He definitely is carrying a medium load, FYI. I figure about 52 pounds of gear.
Your probably right. I'll take a look.
Malvoisin said:
2. Did you use the starting gold of a cleric or a wizard to equip him? I didn't see starting gold for the Archivist in Heroes of Horror, so I assume you picked a base class?
Cleric. Its what is used an LEB and makes some sense as they need some armor in addition to the rest of their equpment.
Malvoisin said:
3. Minor point: I think his prayerbook would have 18 filled pages, because Read Magic doesn't have to be written therein. Am I wrong?
Your correct that read magic can be recalled from memory. I always forget that little issue.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think Keoni's mechanics are all there. I'm still working on the description, once I can find an image I like to go with the text. I don't know if you want to hold off for that to review him or whatnot.

When do the adventures start? September issue? Later?

hafrogman

Adventurer
bah.

Oh well, I hope this one goes through to the finish. I never have managed to finish an adventure path, even though I was playing the first two with my face-to-face group.

Remove ads