Malvoisin's Savage Tide OOC Thread *Resurrected*

Tonks

First Post
I will start work on Damash soon also, but wanted to remind you I would be traveling tomorrow and won't have access until Sun.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
I love the background on Col, and I look forward to how you're going to play him, stonegod. I have, however, decided not to use the taint rules. I just think it would needlessly complicate the game, and it's hard to justify that in a non-horror themed campaign, for just one character. Still, role-play his descent into madness to your heart's content! Should be fun. He'll be the knowledge guy, and bring secondary divine magic.
I understand the desire not to use the taint mechanics. :) A few questions then:
  • How do you feel about the Absent Minded Trait to represent his initial madness?
  • Would you allow the HoH Master of Knowledge Feat (+1 to all knowledge skills) to stack w/ the above? Both are unsigned bonuses.
  • I would like to discuss a modification of the Tainted Scholar PrC w/ you later, as I think it fits Col better than Loremaster. I can do so over email (you can use ENWorld to send me mail) if you wish. The reason I'd like to know is it would change my initial feats (loremaster is pretty feat heavy).
Thanks!

Rhun

First Post
stonegod said:
Jon's not insane! Just hears things! Its psionic, really. ;)

Sounds like my spirit shaman in Land Outcast's Under Cold Stone's game...he isn't crazy, he just talks with spirits all the time.

Tonks

First Post
Thanks for the warm welcome into the group, it seems I will definately have some big shoes to fill to keep up with everyone. I know we aren't supposed to get too deep into the backgrounds yet, but if there is anyone who wants to work on a joint background I am open for any ideas to help mesh Damash with one, or more, of the others.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I don't how it will work out with the requirements of the AP but I generally planned for Keoni (I have a name, whee) to be literally fresh off the boat. Thus, he could have links to anyone that could have been crew or passenger on the ship that brought him from his home, but (for example) the earlier suggestion of Mad Col being on the ship pre-Mad wouldn't quite work out time wise.

I want to start out with the fresh sense of wonder at exposure to a whole new world, and have the character eventually evolve into a part of that world.

Land Outcast

Explorer
well, Nicolai will have been on whichever boat he could, so he certainly would be a viable choice for someone who knew Keoni... and when we take into account his propensity to drag whoever he can on quests for fortune (and eventually... he hopes, a ship of his own)...

hafrogman

Adventurer
What is it about characters of mine getting accosted by the same crazy old begger man?
:D

But it certainly sounds like a possibility. Keoni would be in need of a guide to the wonderful world of civilization. . . and Nicolai would be in need of anyone foolish enough to go along with his hare-brained schemes. ;)

Malvoisin

First Post
hafrogman said:
I don't how it will work out with the requirements of the AP but I generally planned for Keoni (I have a name, whee) to be literally fresh off the boat. Thus, he could have links to anyone that could have been crew or passenger on the ship that brought him from his home, but (for example) the earlier suggestion of Mad Col being on the ship pre-Mad wouldn't quite work out time wise.

I want to start out with the fresh sense of wonder at exposure to a whole new world, and have the character eventually evolve into a part of that world.

Cue music from The Little Mermaid....

'Wish I could be
A Part of That World'

Malvoisin

First Post
Tonks said:
I will start work on Damash soon also, but wanted to remind you I would be traveling tomorrow and won't have access until Sun.

That's fine, Tonks. Like I said, we are not in a hurry.

Voadam, I believe, is away right now too.

Remove ads