Malvoisin's Savage Tide OOC Thread *Resurrected*

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
I understand the desire not to use the taint mechanics. :) A few questions then:
  • How do you feel about the Absent Minded Trait to represent his initial madness?
  • Would you allow the HoH Master of Knowledge Feat (+1 to all knowledge skills) to stack w/ the above? Both are unsigned bonuses.
  • I would like to discuss a modification of the Tainted Scholar PrC w/ you later, as I think it fits Col better than Loremaster. I can do so over email (you can use ENWorld to send me mail) if you wish. The reason I'd like to know is it would change my initial feats (loremaster is pretty feat heavy).
Thanks!

Okay, let me look a few things over and get back to you, stone.

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod:

The Absent-Minded trait is okay, I'll allow that.

Yes, you can take the Master of Knowledge feat, and yes, I'll allow it to stack with the Absent-Minded trait.

As for the PrC, please e-mail me at malvoisin2752 (at) yahoo (dot) com, and we can discuss it.

Thanks.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
stonegod:

The Absent-Minded trait is okay, I'll allow that.

Yes, you can take the Master of Knowledge feat, and yes, I'll allow it to stack with the Absent-Minded trait.

As for the PrC, please e-mail me at malvoisin2752 (at) yahoo (dot) com, and we can discuss it.
Mal,

I've been playing around w/ different potential builds, and I think I'll stay with mostly pure archivist for now (potentially picking up thamaturgists for extra-planar help). But thanks for the note on the other two!

Just waiting for the mag to come out to do final tweaks based upon the STAP guide. Looking forward to it!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Another note: Since archivists do not strickly have to worship a diety to gain their spells, I was thinking about having a selection of holy symbols; that way, he can always use the one 'most appropriate' to the spell.

"An old Hextorite showed me this one. By Tyrant's glory, call the fiendish form!" (cast summon monster I, fiendish rat :))

Let me know if this is a problem.

[OOC: My 1000th post! Wooty woot woot!]

Remove ads