• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Map of 5e Forgotten Realms?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
I know that there probably isn't. But the answer of a question unasked is always No, when if asked could be Yes.

Here goes: Is there a map of 5e FR? I suspect that there will be a nice map of the Sword Coast in the SCAG that's coming out, but I'm impatient though I'm working on it! :lol:

graves3141

First Post
I'm pretty sure there isn't one, which is a shame because I'd love to have an updated 5E map of the FR as well.

I wouldn't expect a nice map in the SCAG either. The previews I saw had a few maps of the Sword Coast but from an adventurers point of view (in other words, a map with just a few details on it that may or may not be totally correct). My understanding is that it will not be a traditional game map that we're used to with all the details filled in. I think the new maps are designed to look more like maps that a PC might find in a chest or something in the Forgotten Realms.

Maybe if we're lucky, WotC might post a DM map of the Forgotten Realms after the SCAG book comes out. Something that actually says where everything is and is more what we're used to. I don't know, that could be a long shot through.

gyor

Legend
There is a map of most of the 5e realms in the Dragon+ app magazine. It doesn't lost nations or cities, only regions, but it gives you an idea of how the Sundering changed things.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
There is a map of most of the 5e realms in the Dragon+ app magazine. It doesn't lost nations or cities, only regions, but it gives you an idea of how the Sundering changed things.
Thanks, Gyor. I have Dragon+ so I'll definitely take a look. That's really what I was looking for: an idea of how the Sundering changed things.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Here's the one from Dragon-:

5E Map_1.jpg

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I know that you were sorta poking fun at Dragon+(-), but it's actually almost perfect for a players map for my Fantasy Grounds LMoP -> ToD campaign. Thanks!

Poking fun? No. Stating fact? Yes. :)

Anyway, glad I could help... and I guessed that was why you gave me the laugh point. ;)

Do you have the larger Jared Blando map of the Sword Coast that, IIRC, came with ToD? If not, I'll post a link to my blog (my-realms.blogspot.com) as I have it somewhere there.

Remove ads