• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Maps on D&DBeyond

The director of the 3D VTT project has said the exact opposite of what you claim.
You got a quote or link of some kind? What is the name of the person you're referring to?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but without any kind of link, and just flying in the face what was suggested in earlier discussions, I'd like to know the details.

The VTT will not be necessary for Beyond.
Why even come out with a bizarre strawman like this? No-one has ever suggested the VTT would be needed for Beyond. Ever.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
You got a quote or link of some kind? What is the name of the person you're referring to?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but without any kind of link, and just flying in the face what was suggested in earlier discussions, I'd like to know the details.

Why even come out with a bizarre strawman like this? No-one has ever suggested the VTT would be needed for Beyond. Ever.
Kale Stutzman when they revealed the 3D VTT on that big One D&D product launch.
Your concept that WotC suggested these are integrated products is denied every single time they talk about it. The only person making the connection is you and some vloggers.

Kale Stutzman when they revealed the 3D VTT on that big One D&D product launch.
Where in the video did he make that clear? I've watched it before but never caught that.

You are very certain so you must know exactly where.
Your concept that WotC suggested these are integrated products is denied every single time they talk about it.
WotC have multiple times said that the VTT integrates Beyond. All the videos of people using the 3D VTT feature them using characters on Beyond IIRC.

Including in this article which quotes Kale Stutzman.

I guess you're presuming the 3D VTT has some kind of entirely separate character generation and updating which essentially replicates Beyond's functionality? And only optionally integrated Beyond? That's entirely possible, but I think not very clear yet. How do you think it works?

John Lloyd1

Explorer
  • At the table, pen-and-paper
  • At the table, with the mobile app
  • Using the 2D Maps feature here
  • Using the 3D VTT feature in the future
  • Using VTTs and other apps from other publishers
  • Theatre of the mind or minis or tokens or . . . .
I would really like the encounter tracker on the mobile app for DMing "At the table, with the mobile app". Still not there yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads