• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you reading?

Kaodi

Hero
My Reading...

For a person who professes to love reading, I sure have had taken a long time with my reading lately. I a closing in on half-way through Crossroads of Twilight (WoT 10), and I have three books after that to read.
First of all, I would like to say that anyone who complains of Tolkien being longwinded is a crybaby. Also, I am sort of of the opinion that if Jordan plans on beginning a new series after he is finished with the Wheel of Time, we should put him out of our misery. Don't get me wrong, I like WoT, but it is way, way to long. I could have handle nine books for a super-series, you know. Three trilogies within a trilogy so to speak, but I am beginning to burn out on his stuff. I am sort of hoping that the Prequel book puts some new juice into the series by telling a different story entirely.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I finally got Extinction by Lisa Smedman, book IV of the War of the Spider-Queen. Good stuff, though it's somewhat annoying to have the characters come up with a plan of action in the beginning, and then spend the rest of the book trying to enact it. However, it can't be helped, since the book regularly segues to other characters.

Beyond that, I read the second book of the D&D Iconics series, The Living Dead, and the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines novelization.

AuroraGyps

First Post
Thieves' World, Thieves' World, Thieves' World

Like the title says, I'm reading Thieves' World, the original anthologies, and I'm on #5 right now. I have all 12 books, plus the five old novels, but I don't think I can plow right through all of them nonstop, even though I like them pretty well. I have to read the DS novel The Brazen Gambit (I read the 2nd and then the 3rd in the trilogy). After that, I don't know... however I do have to do some spring cleaning in the attic (before it gets hot) where the rest off my books are so I'll probably rotate some of what I've read w/ unread stuff. Then I can set up my new 5 shelf book case and fill it. :D

DaveStebbins

First Post
In the past few weeks I have finished The Man in the Iron Mask, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and then Seeing a Large Cat (an Amelia Peabody mystery by Elizabeth Peters). I'm currently mostly done with Lucky Man, Michael J. Fox's autobiography. These have all been audio books which I listen to while walking to and from work every day. I haven't had time for more than a few pages of any hardcopy book.

I'm not sure what's next in the queue, though I remember reserving several audiobooks through the local library's web site. I'll stop by and pick them up after work Friday (due to funding cuts, the branch libraries no longer have any evening or weekend hours). The only titles I remember are Sunset in St. Tropez by Danielle Steele and something humorous by Garrison Keillor.

-Dave

Krieg

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Me too. I'm also reading the Book of Mormon, as it turns out. (Krieg, wanna PM me?)

FWIW I'm just really starting to get into it so in depth discussions are still a bit in the future. Nevertheless I'd be happy to swap thoughts on it.

Tyris Harmon

First Post
Kaodi said:
For a person who professes to love reading, I sure have had taken a long time with my reading lately. I a closing in on half-way through Crossroads of Twilight (WoT 10), and I have three books after that to read.
First of all, I would like to say that anyone who complains of Tolkien being longwinded is a crybaby. Also, I am sort of of the opinion that if Jordan plans on beginning a new series after he is finished with the Wheel of Time, we should put him out of our misery. Don't get me wrong, I like WoT, but it is way, way to long. I could have handle nine books for a super-series, you know. Three trilogies within a trilogy so to speak, but I am beginning to burn out on his stuff. I am sort of hoping that the Prequel book puts some new juice into the series by telling a different story entirely.
After putting off for a long time. I finally went out and bought the 10th book. I'm also starting to get burnt out on this. I love the series, but 10 books!! And with more subplots being added? Don't even know if I'll get New Spring, but I'll probably end up getting it a few months from now.
Waiting for Naked Empire to come out in paperback. Between CoT and then, whatever catches my fancy at the bookstore.

Remove ads