• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
"You go ahead, Weapon. I can't attack them until someone moves the light to give me line of sight."
Weapon shrugs. "You'll have to jump or climb the tunnel without the rope, then." With that, he grabs his weapons and leaps.

OOC: Taking out his flail. He'll Jump down on purpose; he succeeds with a 16 (as per above), allowing him to ignore the first 10 feat, treat the second 10 as nonlethal, and the rest as normal. And lets not forget the DR 3.

Patlin

Explorer
stonegod said:
And lets not forget the DR 3.[/SIZE]

ooc: OK, you've got me a bit confused. As a 2nd level warforged fighter, Weapon should have 3 feats, two of which must be from the Fighter Bonus feat list. It appears he has only two feats, and neither of them is from the fighter bonus feat list. I'm probably missing somethin, and my ECS isn't here, but could someone explain? [I don't have RoE, and don't know what battle hardened is... perhaps that's part of my confusion?]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Patlin said:
ooc: OK, you've got me a bit confused. As a 2nd level warforged fighter, Weapon should have 3 feats, two of which must be from the Fighter Bonus feat list. It appears he has only two feats, and neither of them is from the fighter bonus feat list. I'm probably missing somethin, and my ECS isn't here, but could someone explain? [I don't have RoE, and don't know what battle hardened is... perhaps that's part of my confusion?]
RoE Fighter Substitution for Warforged gives his Battle Hardened (bonus on save vs. fear and Init) and D12 HD at a cost of his Fighter Feat. 2nd level substitution gives him a bonus Warforged feat and a D12 HD in trade for his fighter feat.

Does DR negate nonlethal damage? I can't find a solid ruling on this (I read it as Yes, Patlin reads it as No apparently).

Patlin

Explorer
OK, gotcha on the racial substitution stuff.

stonegod said:
Does DR negate nonlethal damage? I can't find a solid ruling on this (I read it as Yes, Patlin reads it as No apparently).

All of the damage was from a single source, so the DR can negate the lethal damage or the nonlethal damage, but it's better for Weapon if the lethal damage is negated first. It seems to me this ought to be resolved to the PC's benefit. In other words, let's state it like this:

The fall deals 6 damage, 2 of which is nonlethal. This is reduced by the DR to 3 damage, 2 of which is nonlethal.

Patlin

Explorer
Is Alys declining the opportunity to act in round 1? You understand that from the top of the shaft, you will likely never have LOE or LOS to the kobolds?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops! I thought she would have LoE if light was moved to shine on the kobolds. Oh well, she would have taken two rounds to climb the rope, so having Weapon right now on this round is more useful for them)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: She would have line of effect if a Kobold actually walked directly under the shaft, but that seems unlikely given their use of crossbows.

Round 2 Begins
The six Kobolds reload their crossbows and fire.

Kobolds 1 and 2 v. Brelach (1d20+3=10, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=21, 1d6=1)
Kobold 3 v. Brelach, fire bolt (1d20+4=14, 1d6+1+1d6=5)
kobold 4 v Weapon, fire bolt (1d20+4=18, 1d6+1+1d6=11)
Kobold 5 v Weapon (1d20+3=19, 1d6=2)
Kobold 6 v Weapon (1d20+3=12, 1d6=6)

Brelach is hit once for 1 point of damage
The only bolt to hit Weapon fails to damage him through his adamantium plating.

[Brelach is up.]

Remove ads