• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Martial Strikes and Sneak Attack

SWAT

First Post
Can you do sneak attack damage on a martial strike (from Tome of Battle), such as Sapphire Nightmare Blade from the Diamond Mind discipline? I'd imagine you can, just like casting a weapon-like spell at a flat-footed opponent. But I'd like a second opinion as backup, because I'm pretty sure my DM will call me on it when it happens. Thanks.

hong

WotC's bitch
A strike is, in nearly all cases, basically a melee attack with bells on. Everything that applies to melee attacks in general also applies to a strike, and that includes sneak attack.

The only exceptions I'm aware of are insightful strike and greater insightful strike, because those maneuvers explicitly tell you that damage is done differently.

RigaMortus2

First Post
hong said:
A strike is, in nearly all cases, basically a melee attack with bells on. Everything that applies to melee attacks in general also applies to a strike,

Except the extra damage from a critical hit...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads