• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Avengers, 1889 [Full]

Elric

First Post
Jemal said:
I'm pretty sure autofire is based on how much higher you rolled than what you NEEDED, meaning if something is raising/lowering their defense temporarily, you go by the CURRENT, relevant defense score.

Right. Necro- you're probably right that you should have had a surprise attack there (unless he has Uncanny Dodge of some kind!) so it should have been 1 higher DC. Plus he had a Bruise. But he only missed by 2 (curse those good rolls!)

Karl Green

First Post
Necro_Kinder said:
Does Autofire damage only count for every +2 above your targets base defense? If not, shouldn't the Wrecker have been caught flatfooted making his defense lower? Not like it really matters, it's still only a bruise, but i'd like to know about the Autofire damage thing.

Yea, my mistake as I was rushing to get done with the post... you should have and you would have done +15 damage. Sorry about that... he still only missed by 3 then. Sorry... my rush, means me make lots of mistakes :(

Karl Green

First Post
Elric said:
Karl- it didn't affect things this round, but shouldn't Wrecker have a Bruise from when Captain Britania hit him last round?

Also, did you roll Sense Motive for Wrecker against Captain Britania's Acrobatic Bluff? I think my attack would have hit if the feint had worked (as he would lose Dodge bonus and get -2 for surprise), so it wasn't irrelevant even though my attack roll was low.

Edit- everyone note that Master Plan bonuses drop to +2 to attack rolls/checks/skill checks in this round, since Master Plan was activated on the surprise round. Blind- I think you did this wrong in your recent post, but you'll still hit anyway.

Shayuri, since you've been missing a lot, you might want to attack Pile Crusher, since his Defense is currently 11 and your attack counting Master Plan will be +10 :)

Crap! My mistake there dude... I was in a BIG hurry to post as I had very little time that day (like today :() so I missed those two things... OK SO as I screwed over the Captain, he gets +1 Hero Point (just assume I missed my Sense Motive and Re-rolled it). I also forgot that he has 1 bruise from last round, AND flat-footed but then he missed his round by 4, so it is still only 1 more Bruise...

Sorry about that... I have to watch it, especially when I am in a hurry, I try and go off memory instead of re-reading and double checking :(

Elric

First Post
Karl Green said:
Crap! My mistake there dude... I was in a BIG hurry to post as I had very little time that day (like today :() so I missed those two things... OK SO as I screwed over the Captain, he gets +1 Hero Point (just assume I missed my Sense Motive and Re-rolled it). I also forgot that he has 1 bruise from last round, AND flat-footed but then he missed his round by 4, so it is still only 1 more Bruise...

Sorry about that... I have to watch it, especially when I am in a hurry, I try and go off memory instead of re-reading and double checking :(

That's fine. 1 HP is a much better outcome than what I would likely have gotten in game. Honestly, you could just roll the Sense Motive roll now and only give me an HP if he would have needed to reroll (since he'll automatically beat me if he uses an HP for Improved Roll). I already have 4 HP :)

Edit- don't forget about Justice's attack at the end of last round. Since he was only bruised, he'll get his Blast on Thunderball (18 roll to hit, 10 damage if it hits).

Necro, shouldn't Ronin have 5--> 4 HP now?

Still need actions from Justice, Hulk and Scarlet Witch for the coming round.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Elric said:
That's fine. 1 HP is a much better outcome than what I would likely have gotten in game. Honestly, you could just roll the Sense Motive roll now and only give me an HP if he would have needed to reroll (since he'll automatically beat me if he uses an HP for Improved Roll). I already have 4 HP :)

Na... you all may NEED them... later ;)

Elric said:
Edit- don't forget about Justice's attack at the end of last round. Since he was only bruised, he'll get his Blast on Thunderball (18 roll to hit, 10 damage if it hits).

Necro, shouldn't Ronin have 5--> 4 HP now?

Still need actions from Justice, Hulk and Scarlet Witch for the coming round.

Yes, I kind of want to wait to see actions from Justice, Hulk and the Witch for Round 3 before I updated the finish of Round 2 BUT I will at least update that with a new post...

Elric

First Post
Hmm- hero4hire hasn't posted and has said he's busy IRL. Can you just have Hulk (leaping) charge-attack the nearest supervillain if you go to resolve the round and he hasn't posted yet (assuming there's no other reason why you want to pause before you get to him)?

hero4hire

Explorer
Had some Computer issues at work and a 2 month old with colic at home. But I think I have resolved the computer issue (fingers crossed)

Elric

First Post
hero4hire said:
Had some Computer issues at work and a 2 month old with colic at home. But I think I have resolved the computer issue (fingers crossed)

Lol, there you go and hit Wrecker for 16 damage on the first round as Hulk. Captain Britania told him he should surrender now that Hulk had emerged for a reason!

Remove ads