• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Avengers, 1889 [Full]

Jemal

Adventurer
[aside]
Ah, I remember my first Raging Great-axe crit... "OK, so you deal 10 times the orcs full hitpoints.... He's so dead you don't remember what you were fighting."
Or even better.. Charging smiting mounted Paladin with a Dire lance who crits for max damage. I did that ONCE. Unfortunately, my opponent, a blackguard, did pretty much the same thing to me.. minus the crit, but still enough to drop us both.
[/aside]

Shayuri

First Post
Bahahaha

I remember being the unlucky recipient of a greatsword crit from a power attacking Blackguard VAMPIRE who was smiting good.

...it was the only time I died the whole campaign. But it was a -really most distinct- death. :)

Say, Jemal...this is on the side, but have you heard from Caros about his Star Wars game? I've bumped both threads now, but he seems to be pretty aggressively ignoring it. Is he intentionally shutting it down, or...or what? I seem to recall you're in it too, and you and he seem to know each other... *shrug*

Redclaw

First Post
Wow, this is all getting confusing. Using deflect to counter Thunderball's attacks makes my posts a round off, since he goes before I do. I think post 133 was my post for Round 2, which means those deflect rolls would have been active for Thunderball's attack in Round 3. That first roll of 25 would then have deflected the big ball, negating my toughness save and resulting bruise, but that leaves me with a 19 for my deflection (rolled in post 147, during Round 3)against him this round.
I don't know how you want to resolve this, Karl, but I think we should figure something out for it. I could either take the HP and the bruise back, but probably lose/get them (or worse) this round, or we could switch the rolls, so the 19 was for my deflection attempt in round 3, and the 25 will be for stopping his attack this round. I'm fine either way.

Karl Green

First Post
Redclaw said:
Wow, this is all getting confusing. Using deflect to counter Thunderball's attacks makes my posts a round off, since he goes before I do. I think post 133 was my post for Round 2, which means those deflect rolls would have been active for Thunderball's attack in Round 3. That first roll of 25 would then have deflected the big ball, negating my toughness save and resulting bruise, but that leaves me with a 19 for my deflection (rolled in post 147, during Round 3)against him this round.
I don't know how you want to resolve this, Karl, but I think we should figure something out for it. I could either take the HP and the bruise back, but probably lose/get them (or worse) this round, or we could switch the rolls, so the 19 was for my deflection attempt in round 3, and the 25 will be for stopping his attack this round. I'm fine either way.

Hmm, let me re-read and think about a bit...

Elric

First Post
We're only missing actions from Hulk and Scarlet Witch, I think. If they don't post fairly soon, how about resolving the round with Hulk using the same attack combo as last round on the nearest villain who is still up and Scarlet Witch moving closer to the scene again?

Karl Green

First Post
Yep, I will update today... sorry for the delay but I still am without the internet at home... maybe this week... maybe not :(

Anyway I will post and update later today for sure...

Karl Green

First Post
Note I am playing a bit lose and fast with the Extra Effort for Thunderball, but if he escapes, I will hand out another Hp for that (setup/the villain escapes)... the Wrecker is another story ;)

Elric

First Post
Black Widow should shout something about spotting Thunderball fleeing. Question: should Wolverine and Widow be able to see Thunderball? Wolverine has Low-Light Vision and Extended Hearing and Scent (but not vision). Widow doesn't have any vision special abilities.

Captain Britania has Extended Vision, but he's obviously in no position to see much right now :) I hope Wrecker doesn't have a secret "Shark form" he can turn into :)

Remove ads