[Marvel Heroic Hack] Mass Effect Heroic Roleplay

SilverKeyMan

First Post
I decided to try making a character to see how well the system plays out. The character is a former Cerberus soldier that defected when the Illusive Man's tactics became more and more questionable, but still struggles with his hatred of aliens. I have a feeling that the "Xenophobe" distinction could help to generate a lot of d4+PP's. :eek:

Sgt. Darren Huang - Human Soldier

Affiliations: Solo d6, Buddy d8, Team d10

Distinctions: Formerly Cerberus, Tactical Genius, Xenophobe

Human Powerset:
Enhanced Stamina d8, Enhanced Strength d6
SFX: Willpower. Split any Human power into two stepped-down dice.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Human power trait to gain 1 PP. Recover on Opportunity.

Soldier Powerset:
Assault Rifle d8, Enchanced Durability d8, Grenade d8
SFX: Adrenaline Rush. Add a die from the Doom Pool to your attack action, then step up the die and return it to the doom pool.
Limit: Exhausted. Shut down any Soldier power to gain 1 PP. Recover on opportunity.

Specialties: Combat Expert (d8), Covert Knack (d6), Menace Knack (d6).

Milestones:
Galactic Savior
1 XP whenever your group defeats a non-minion enemy.
3 XP whenever you complete a side-mission, or reject a side-mission in pursuit of a higher goal.
10 XP whenever you complete a priority mission, or spectacularly fail a priority mission.

Human Superiority
1 XP when you first choose to inflict physical stress on an alien in a Scene.
3 XP when another hero rebukes you for your xenophobia.
10 XP when you choose to inflict physical trauma on an alien who has inflicted stress on you and at least one ally, or you choose to redirect stress from that foe as emotional stress and allow yourself to be stressed out.

The "Human Superiority" is based off of Daredevil's "Devil in the Dark" milestone, and the "Shotgun d8" was switched out for "Grenade d8", which I felt was more in-character.

SilverKeyMan

First Post
Decided to write up a second character, my multiplayer "Human Engineer" character. I've written him up as experienced, with an extremely powerful Omnitool. I love the overload ability. :)

Lt. Phillip Daniels - Human Engineer

Affiliations: Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8

Distinctions: Hacker, Man's Best Friend, Perfectionist

Human Powerset:
Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Reflexes d6
SFX: Willpower. Split any Human power into two stepped-down dice.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Human power trait to gain 1 PP. Recover on Opportunity.

Engineer Powerset:
Assault Rifle d8, Combat Drone d10, Enhanced Durability d6, Omnitool d12
SFX: Hacking. Step up or double an Engineer power (1 PP for both) for one action. If action fails, shut down an Engineer power.
SFX: Overload Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
Limit: Gear. Shut down any Engineer power to gain 1 PP. Recover on an Opportunity.

Specialties: Acrobatics Knack (d6), Science Knack (d6), Tech Expert (d8)

Milestones:
Galactic Savior
1 XP whenever your group defeats a non-minion enemy.
3 XP whenever you complete a side-mission, or reject a side-mission in pursuit of a higher goal.
10 XP whenever you complete a priority mission, or spectacularly fail a priority mission.

Technologist
1 XP when you deploy your drone as a defensive measure while completing an objective.
3 XP when two or more opponents are killed using an Engineer SFX.
10 XP when a drone kills a massive opponent.

Glad to see that someone's getting use out of this. :)

I think Mass Effect works better in a more rules-lite system than Diaspora (or d20 Future or WH40k, as has been proposed).

Remove ads