Marvel Heroic RPG (RECRUITING!)

I want to get in on this! I've played MHRPG a few times before but still consider myself pretty green with the system, and I have access to the datafiles in both Breakout and Civil War. I'm not particularly good at gender-bending so I'd like to play Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Storm, or Invisible Woman, I guess in that order.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I find it hilarious how much Fantastic Four love there appears to be in the thread. I always dismissed them as "meh", though (unlike many others) I really enjoyed the two FF movies and loved Michael Chiklis as The Thing.

Victim

First Post
The Invisible Woman has a really cool powerset IMO. There's a lot of stuff you can do with forcefields. She's like a Green Lantern with cloaking.

But there's been some other interest in the character, so I'm leaning more towards Daredevil or Captain America now. Which do you think would be more appropriate?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I would think either or, but I've always wanted to see Daredevil and Spider-Man team up. I'm sure they have at least once, probably more. In both cases, the characters you want are 'enhanced humans' and not the explosive powerhouses that most would likely take.

If anything, our whole team is shaping up to be 'enhanced humans' versus your traditional 4-color brutes/cannons.

Edit: Also, you're choosing between a street-savvy lawyer and a "good ol' boy" 50 years out of touch. For me, the choice would be easy... just think of which character would be more interesting when not fighting.

Last edited:

Yeah, the choice is easy... Captain America, especially as portrayed by Chris Evans! ::drool::

If the vibe of the game is going more toward street level characters, then I think I could do Black Widow, or maybe even Kitty Pryde ... I'll have to look up more female Marvel characters, because I'm more familiar with DC.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Wait, Chris Evans, the Human Torch? ... or Chris Evans, Evil Ex Number Two? ... or Chris Evans, the psychic Pusher? :)

I keed, I keed.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Matt Murdock - law knowledge, criminal contacts, social character

Steve Rogers - ... he looks good. And punches stuff. And is tied with Cyclops for most anal leader (imo of course lol)

Edit: No, I take it back. Cyclops is still far more pretentious than Cap.

Last edited:

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
The Fantastic Four have a great set of powers, but I think its the personalities of the group and how they're handled that always turns people off of them.

Walking Dad

First Post
sounds interesting and I'm looking forward how the systems works in PbP medium. I could play any male character but Cyclops, Mr Fantastic or Captain America.

(I really like the Shroud for Street level and have his stat block, but he isn't on your list.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Chris Evans: I saw him at a basketball game when Cap was being filmed. I didn't handshake at him, as he was in his off time, but he had a bodyguard and a beard-scruff. And I didn't know what to say ("hey Chris, hope this film doesn't stink the way FF2 did", and it didn't, it turns out, though it's no Avengers)

Captain America: I like him a lot. Ed Brubaker did a great job, ditto Ultimates. I'm good for him being involved. He's also good with teams, getting better dice for working with them than Daredevil on a team. Also, Cap is pure-hearted and courageous, and has classic appeal.

Fantastic Four: I like how they work with everyone, and you can go to them for tech problems in-game. If we have them on this team, that's good, too. I like how they work together, but keep in mind that's them. Players in this game may or may not have the same chemistry, or rather have a chemistry that lets them get along and work as a team. I'd like that, though.

Iron Man: Um, if this group takes off and someone wants to take over as GM, I'd like to play Iron Man... although realistically I'll happily play virtually anyone and enjoy them, so if you want to play him, that's good. Anyway, I do so enjoy GMing, so it may never come up. Iron Man is open if you'd like to play him, is what I'm saying, ultimately.

The Shroud: Nope, don't know who he is. I appreciate the drive towards originality, but I'm looking for a really "marvel" experience. I'd allow Ant Man, Quicksilver or Dr. Strange, or several other recognizable Marvel characters (not the Punisher), especially if you have the stats from the Civil War book. If they're not in a video game or movie, though, they may not be standard enough. I have some who I loathe, fair warning (Vision: his colour scheme is hideous).

Female heroes: Oh yes please. If there are any others we can work on them, too. Wasp is a favorite of mine, Invisible Woman is great also, ditto Ms Marvel (Captain Marvel now, with her own ongoing title fyi). The pair you two mentioned (Storm and Kitty Pride) are fantastic choices and two of my favourites.

IMO Emma Frost is waiting to show her true colors the moment Jean Grey gets reanimated.

I'm going to edit the first page to include all the stated characters chosen.

Remove ads