Marvel Heroic RPG (RECRUITING!)

I have a girlfriend who is an Air Force officer (an electrical engineer), and I gotta say her uniforms are pretty asexual (at least by my standards, lol), which is what you'd expect. Miniskirts are definite no-nos, I think the shortest allowed is knee length and fairly loose and utilitarian. I've definitely seen her in slacks too (she gets to choose if its just service dress), and she's mentioned that their pumps have to meet regulation heel height and style (aka, low and boring). Their formal mess dress is where you could argue "sexism," in that females must wear an ankle length, loose skirt (no slacks), but I would just say any formal occasion has all sorts of rules and regulations anyway.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Must not be Canadian, but it's formal wear (dress uniform?).

Namor: mmm... no, and I'd tell you why but it would be a spoiler.

Dr. Strange: actually, depending upon the dice used, he could be fine. More powerful effects will cost PP to activate, or be plot-based actions, but his blasts and shields and such are no more powerful than most other heroes. This isn't epic D&D, he's fine. I'll see if he's in Civil War, and if not we can figure him out.

Coin flip: hah. Enjoy not being able to read, sucker! (fitd giggled, the dungeon master within bubbling to the surface with a hundred cruel and otherwise avoidable tricks and traps. With supreme effort the Watcher pushed it back down, returning to the conversation with a straight face). By which I mean "sounds good".

I recommend the Bendis run on DD. I read five+ volumes in hardcover via a friend, and I was tapped in for days. Vacation well spent, but loooong nights without sleep as I was up reading. Amazing series. The only other one like that for me was the Ed Brubaker run on Captain America, the Death of Captain America omnibus (winter soldier, lead up to Civil War, amazing amazing amazing).

Dice: We'll be rolling everything on these boards. I believe it should be fine (my hand has carpal tunnel, so I don't want to click for every roll to another site).

fireinthedust

Explorer
Walking Dad, et al: play Namor if you want. I'm grumpy and have been snapping at people all day, so I'm going to accomodate you folks and ignore the (admittedly, and looking at it over again) decidedly unnecessary subplot I was quasi-planning.

Ditto Doctor Strange, and any other characters (Iron Man, etc.).

Question: who does and does not have the Basic Rules?

Hope your day gets better, fireinthedust!

Anywho, I have both the Basic Game and Civil War, don't have 50 States Initiative yet (or rather my IRL group's stash-dude hasn't gotten it yet)

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
Fire, Daredevil can read :p "Daredevil can read by passing his fingers over the letters on a page" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_(Marvel_Comics)

I know, Wikipedia is not a credible source but blame Google for having it be the first things that pulls up :p

I'll still stick with Iron Man. I like that his powers are tied to armor. Plus, I get to have a drinking problem!

Also, I have the basic rules. Don't have any of the "expansions" yet, but soon I shall.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Fire, Daredevil can read :p "Daredevil can read by passing his fingers over the letters on a page" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_(Marvel_Comics)

(shakes head) Yeah, because he's going drag his hands over walls for graffiti or signs that say "warning: beware of the stealth tech cyber-leopard" or the flatscreen TV with "explosion timer countdown in 5... 4... 3..." on its perfectly smooth surface. :devil:

PersistenceHunter: yeah, me too. I've just gone out and bought a brace for the arm. first carpal tunnel ever. I'm going to drown my sorrows in Better Off Ted!

Victim

First Post
Walking Dad, et al: play Namor if you want. I'm grumpy and have been snapping at people all day, so I'm going to accomodate you folks and ignore the (admittedly, and looking at it over again) decidedly unnecessary subplot I was quasi-planning.

Ditto Doctor Strange, and any other characters (Iron Man, etc.).

Question: who does and does not have the Basic Rules?

I have the basic rules.

Supposedly Daredevil can read with his super sensitive touch distinguishing printed areas. Granted, there are some (many?) situations where that's not going to help.

It should be interesting playing someone basically outgunned.

Remove ads