Marvel Heroic RPG: Red alert! Danger! Danger!

fireinthedust

Explorer
The blasts and punches combine... and crack the otherwise indestructible surface! Still intact you wait... and feel a surge of power! all of you are attacked by a force trying to pull you into the bridge! (Roll for. Me pls)

Mr fantastic and storm and hawkeye: the lights flicker some more... and then something big lands on spiderman!

"We can't believe our luck! First freedom, and now spiderman!" It's Venom! Spidey is out!

Around the room a bunch of other shapes come out of the shadows. Villains! One speaks:

"Impossible to break free? How unlike you, Richards, to be unimaginative. But. Then, if you want proof..."

An energy ray streaks ouut at the group, aimed at reed but the rest of you could likewise be hit. (Roll to dodge!)

Sent from my GT-I5510M using Tapatalk

Walking Dad

First Post
1554251-namor1_avatar_icon.jpg

Namor grabs for the metal struts supporting the carrier and reinforcing parts of the window front. His mutated hybrid physiology hopefully giving him the strength to hold on, his grip steeled in countless battles.

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 2 -> 3 (DM extra for continuing player ;) )
XP: 0

Team, Godlike Strength, Human-Alantean Hybrid, Combat Expert (split) (1d8=7, 1d12=7, 1d8=8, 1d6=5, 1d6=5)
20 for success and 1d12 as the effect die.
[/sblock]

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
Iron Man powers up his boots and aims them straight at the gravity well to try and keep himself flying outside.

[sblock=OOC] PP:2

Team D8, Cutting Edge Tech D8, Flight D10, Tech Master D10

Total: 18 Effect: D10[/sblock]

Arelius111

First Post
!!!!

"INCOMING!" He tries to evade the blasts as the lights flicker on and off making it difficult focus on the source of the attack.

OOC: Team d10, Scene distriction(flickering lights d4, +1 PP), Reflexes d8, Master combat 2d8

Total: 14, effect d10
PP: 2

Stubbazubba

First Post
"Agh!" Torch called out. He hadn't encountered this kind of force before that he could think of, but after Cosmic Rays, he had learned to just roll with the punches. Or, more accurately, turn straight around and put everything he had into rocketing the other way from them. "Guys," he gets out through clenched teeth, "this...sucks" he smirks, "...get it?"

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 2 -> 3 (staying on point)

Team d10, Hotheaded Hero d8, Supersonic Flight d10, Cosmic Expert d8

Phooey
Opportunities: 2
Total: 5
Effect: d10[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"SPIDERMAN!" Reed cries out but it is too late.
His mind flows through the list of villains currently contained on the ship, trying to identify what sort of threats they will face as he attempts to contort his body around the beam.

[sblock=ooc]
Does spidey going down count as stress for reed's guilt ridden milestone 1?
This dice roller doesn't like reed... :(
One opportunity for the dm, total of 14, effect d10
Used absent minded prof as a d8 for him thinking of who could be firing
Used science master d10 for knowing about the blast (could have been tech if its from tech or cosmic if it's space-zappy like surfer style, both are also d10s.) and how to avoid it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
(is Storm still with us?)

BRIDGE: Namor grabs hold and easily fights the force of gravity pulling on him. Iron Man as well, his rockets enough to send him into space and halt his falls from various heights.

The human torch, however, is sucked unceremoniously into the room.

The gravity is shut off, then, but the Torch's momentum keeps hurling him through banks of monitors and computers here. (d6 physical stress)

fireinthedust

Explorer
BRIDGE: The bridge is dimly lit, the damage to it having shut down the lights. Yet enough are blinking to show you several figures.

Many SHIELD agents, sprawled ont he floor.

Nick Fury, body encased in twisted steel, the worse for wear but still cursing.

And a haggared man with torn prisoner's clothes, floating in the air. His beard and hair are long, uncut after years of apparent imprisonment. He is staring out from under his eyebrows at your group.

Is this all you have to send against me, Fury? Do you think they'll stop me from having my revenge on you, after all these years? These years locked up in your power core, keeping this battleship in flight? Now, freed at last, I'll destroy you for your insolence... and the quivering masses you care so much about... starting with these fools!

[sblock=if you know supervillains and government files] This guy, if you must know, is Graviton. Omega-level threat, and he controls gravity. Really bad news.[/sblock]

((combat begins! Let's roll reflexes or agility, or a d6, and whoever gets higher than me can go before this guy)).

DOWN BELOW

Hawkeye dodges out of the way of the blast, spinning through the air with more grace than a dozen trained gymnasts. He lands, a small mote of dust in his wake, and gets an eye-full of the villains facing them.

Likewise Mr Fantastic contorts out of the way, the blast passing through the ring his body contorts around.

The source of the blast: a tall figure with energy lines covering his body. He is an old foe, one who goes by the name of Vector! Behind him are three other villains, a great hulking metal brute by the name of Ironclad (barrel chested with a body coated in iron skin); a woman with a body formed of mist, codenamed Vapor; and an athletic-silhouette of a man with a body made of purple energy, named X-ray. Together they form old foes of the Fantastic Four, the U-Foes!

Vector chuckles. After whatever accident freed us from your prison, I thought we'd have some fun before leaving. To think I was only going to have to content myself with Fury's special prisoner a minute ago... but you, Richards, without your precious "first family" to save you, now that is a real treat. And an avenger, and an X-man!

Spiderman is ours! slobbers Venom.

Of course, my new friend, content yourself. So, Richards: care to beg for your life before we tear you to shreds? I do so want to hear it.

Energy crackles around his fist as he prepares a second volley.

OOC: if you have any bright ideas, folks, I'm all for it. Ditto anyone joining the game right now.

BSessio

Villager
OOC: Rolling Superhuman Reflexes, d10. Should I add a spider-sense to it or anything via Enhanced Senses? Welp, let's just do Reflexes this time.

BSessio

Villager
OOC: Assuming I probably can slide in next, then. Also, I am happy to take a Stress. Whatever you think is fair. Just a d6, or more?

The spider-sense was a-tinglin', but it didn't prepare him for exactly one person: Venom. The suit cloaked danger - and as usual, Spider-Man didn't react to it until after it was already revealed. Now, he'd be sharp - but only as sharp as everyone else without a safety net in the form of a buzzing migraine. Well, with the exception of the rest of the falling helicarrier filled with bad guys, obviously.

As Venom makes to have his meal, Spider-Man forces himself through the haze of pain to turn his wrist upright and fully depress the webbing on his right hand, unleashing a torrent in the hopes of at least sealing Venom's hungry maw if not sticking him fully to the wall. At least long enough for... "Reed, you don't happen to have a blowtorch or an airhorn in your go go gadget belt, do you? It'd be really handy! Sidenote; your concern warms my nearly-eaten heart."

His attention, however, does not look over to the man but focuses on Venom. "Because some naughty monkey needs a spanking, don't they, ol' buddy ol' pal?"

OOC: Since Hawkeye, Storm and Mr. Fantastic are with me, that's a Team of d6. Rolling Distinction d8: With Great Strength Comes Great Responsibility, Superhuman Reflexes d10 to shoot Venom and try to wrap him up before he gets a bite of the delicious spider-kabob. Will move whatever stress die you assign me to the Doom Pool from Second Wind to double up Reflexes to 2d10. From Web-Slinging, I throw in a Weapon d8 for the unleashing of webs. This will be the Grapple SFX as I create a Webbed Up complication. This adds a d6 and will step up my effect die. Lastly, Combat Expert for the aim and sharpshooter for d8.
With all that in mind, I have 2d6, 2d10, 3d8, with a stepped up effect die. And go!

Oh, and what milestones did my last player use? If Deadly Foes of Spider-Man is going, Venom sure counts.

I'll take the 7 and the 6 as my total, then spend a plot point to add another 6, for a value of 19 and then use a d10 as my effect die, which steps up to d12. If I beat his opposed roll by even 5, he'll hopefully be Complicated Out with a d12+. Here's hopin'!

Total: 19
Effect: 12

Last edited:

Remove ads