Marvel Heroic RPG: Red alert! Danger! Danger!

Jemal

Adventurer
"Agreed. I believe you have my number, Iron Man." Reed reaches up and plugs a Comm device into his ear as he heads after the others, a portion of his mind compiling a list of what could be causing the helicarrier's problems.
"Can anyone reach the bridge quickly, perhaps, and attempt to contact Fury?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
1554251-namor1_avatar_icon.jpg

"I will fly around the carrier and try to enter the bridge. Not on any human's command, but because I want to have a word with Fury.
Oh, and if you have to dump the whole thing into the water, make sure you remove it this time and don't let it lay and rot. There is enough surface junk in the water already."

Namor declares, his chin old high and seemingly looking down at everyone...
But his expression changes slightly as he looks at Storm. He briefly shakes his head and is on hi way to the bridge of the carrier.

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 1
XP: 0

any roll for this? I assume not.
[/sblock]

IainRow

First Post
"Have a care Iron Man, nobody commands the Goddess of the storms, although for now I will acquiesce. If I can help, I will but Hank, yourself and Mr Fantastic must surely be able to ascertain the cause of the distress this vessel is experiencing. If I can without destroying it, I will stabilise the craft."

OOC: If anything can be done, I will roll against it. Perhaps I could roll against the doom pool to create an asset Stabilised by Storm for the carrier?

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=IRON MAN (and i guess Mr. Fantastic)]

The suit does a sensor sweep, and your computer tells you there is an incredibly potent GRAVITATIONAL ANOMALY on board the ship. The field is increasing the effective mass of the helecarrier, so that the Earth is pulling on it much harder than it would normally. It seems to be localized (which is impossible) and while it isn't affecting your masses, you can't tell what other strange, sci-fi stuff could be going on below-decks.[/sblock]

Storm: you attempt to affect the helecarrier, and while you could probably annihilate the Hydra forces, you can't seem to budge the ship itself. Increasing the winds any more would jeopardize the city.

Right now the ship is near the Baxter Building.

Jemal

Adventurer
*Assuming Tony informs Reed of his readings.. er pun not intended*

"Fascinating. I have done some research on localizing gravitational fields for human use, but inside an existing gravity well the implications would be tremendous.. and catastrophic, not to mention the sheer power required to achieve such goals would be difficult to achieve on a cosmic scale. It is difficult to fathom Hydra gaining access to such technology, or being able to bring it to bear against S.H.I.E.L.D.. the most logical assumption would be that S.H.I.E.L.D. was experimenting with gravitational forces that were set loose by the attack."

Reed doesn't slow down, following the others unerringly despite his apparent lack of focus on where they are going.

"It's a shame Sue isn't here, in my studies I discovered that her forcefields are actually quite useful against errant gravitational anomalies. Once I've located the source, We should be able to ascertain a way of shutting it down, if possible.
At any rate, it is extremely unlikely that any amount of outside force will be able to slow the rate of descent."

OOC:
I'll leave the roll till later, but could I make a check using Boundless curiousity(d8), Cosmic master(2d8), Team(1d10) to have some sort of useful device in the nearby Baxter Building that Reed could collect or call upon once we've discovered the source?

EDIT: Also, just noticed I'm using the same colour as Namor. That blue does seem more suiting to an aquatic character (Hence why i use it for my Siren in another game ;) ) so I'll leave it to him and switch to green.

Last edited:

Arelius111

First Post
!!

Hawkeye has some trouble keeping up with Spidey; dodging personnel, debris and unbalanced corridors. He nevers quits as he keeps Spiderman in sight atleast. Clint thinks All that cardio is paying off before he has to slide under a beam in the hallway.

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: interesting fact, I had posted something insightful and helpful, about how we're over the Baxter Building, and I'll allow Reed to use a PP to get something if it's appropriately handled... but the internet ate it.

That and how, if they haven't posted yet, I'll assume they're not playing. that will allow anyone who wants to take the place of Ms Marvel, Beast and so forth, to talk to me.

So: without further adooooooo...

Iron Man: There isn't really anything on the surface that will answer your questions about the gravitational anomaly inside the ship. Your sensors are about as good as it gets, unless plot requires us to use the Baxter building. Feel free to go along with the group and not split the party... although I could figure out something to mess with your day, why hassle the lazy GM, amirite?

Also: As you scan you can see other heroes have arrived, and are starting to fight the Hydra sleds: Ms Marvel flies through one of them, grabbing the startled agents and flying off while the sled explodes behind her; Human Torch, just in from some hot date or other, scours the deck to send more agents running. Ms Marvel gives you a salute, and over the comm tells you they've got the minions covered for you.

EVERYONE:

The interior of the helecarrier is empty and dark, lit only by flickering floor lights, and the eerie glow from any glowing powers you display (Iron Man, that's you if you're with them). There is a shudder that passes through the ship, and something about this place seems more ominous than the last time you lot visited SHIELD'S top secret HQ. There are doorways stuck open, the doors jammed, and the interior rooms are completely smashed. Bodies of SHIELD agents are strewn about the floor, limp and bent iregularly, for living humans that is.

You make your way to the bridge, and pass through one of the giant hanger bays that hold cargo and ships for various missions. As you open a door on the other side to get to the Bridge you see your way has been blocked, the entire hallway bent and twisted out of shape; in fact, the hull of the ship has been ripped apart, and there is a drop where the hallway used to be: the direct route to the bridge has been cut off.

There is another hallway, but it leads through the villain-containment ward before it leads to the bridge.

As you ponder your next actions, the lights flicker, and for long seconds the cargo bay goes dark, on and off.

[sblock=Spider-man] Your spider sense is tingling[/sblock]

IainRow

First Post
Storm walks alongside Mr Fantastic, Spider Man and Hawkeye (and maybe Iron Man). She walks proudly, head held high, listening to Mr Fantastic talk at nineteen to the dozen. To herself, she wonders what T'Challa would make of what has happened here, and resolves to do what she can to assist, acutely aware hat as a mutant she must be seen to be above reproach.

She throws back her arms and lets the wind, summoned and bent to her whim, carry her gently across the gap in the floor.

Remove ads