Marvel Heroic RPG: Red alert! Danger! Danger!

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: I believe given that most of us can easily cross a minor gap, the obstruction is not just a 'hole in the floor'. He did say that the hull was twisted and warped and that the path was cut off, then telling us the next obvious path.

Mister fantastic observes the twists of the wreckage in front of him for a moment. "If the gravitational anomaly is behaving anything like I expect, I should be able to locate it by triangulating more shear-points like this. For now though, we'll have to cut through the villain containment to surpass this blockage. With the structural integrity of the ship being so compromised, blasting our way through would be inadvisable." He turns and begins rolling down the next corridor towards the containment area, completely ignoring the flickering power.

"Fortunately the containment cells should still be operational. Stark and I helped design them, completely autonomous from the rest of the ships power, It's highly doubtful any of the villains will have escaped."
OOC:
Apparently Mister Fantastic doesn't believe Murphy's Law is real Science. ;)

IainRow

First Post
OOC: Storm is far too proud and regal to admit she has made a mistake, so she is going to pretend she meant to float aimlessly over a void for a few seconds before returning to the group and following Mr Fantastic down the corridor towards the holding area.

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Walking Dad: ...you did? I figured I'd remember something like that... like what? Who are you, where am I, WHO am I? (cough, wheeze) Okay, okay, fine, mr split the party! (shakes head) Honestly, I have no idea if it's a good idea or not, with this system.

NAMOR: You fly around the helecarrier, towards the front. You see the Human Torch (the second you've known) and Ms Marvel doing their thing, clearing your way for you: you don't get interrupted by Hydra agents.

You reach the bridge of the helecarrier, where the main window is. It's got SHIELD reflective glass on it, so you can't see in. HOWEVER, it is really, really strange being near the window: you can feel yourself vibrating, and getting heavier!

IRON MAN: are you still interested in flying around up top? I'm fine with you and Namor being a duo for this, since that was originally what you'd wanted (I think)

EVERYONE ELSE: The ruined hallway is indeed impassable by normal means.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Something's fishy, mateys..." Spider-Man says, crouching defensively. He pokes and prods around the seemingly impassible hallway.

Walking Dad

First Post
1554251-namor1_avatar_icon.jpg

Namor is nearly unable to keep up in the air. He desperately looks for something to hold on and an entry to the bridge. If there isn't one he will have to take the direct approach and get through the window. By far not the highest property damage he has ever done.

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 1
XP: 0

not sure if I have to roll to get an entry. BTW, Namor is real bad for a buddy approach (solo d10, buddy d6) ;)
[/sblock]

IxCptMorganxI

First Post
Iron Man flies around with Namor to investigate the bridge. As he gets close he notices the extra energy usage his armor is burning to stay in the air.

"Looks like we found the party. What do you say we knock and see whos home."

He fires up his repulsors and shoots a quick blast at the window.

[sblock=OOC]PP: 1

Just me and Namor so I've got Buddy D6, Cutting Edge Tech D8, Repulsors D8, Tech Master D10.

Total: 10 Effect: D8 Opportunities: 1

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arelius111

First Post
???

Hawkeye listens to the others in the hallway and notices Reed heading down that way. He then hears Spidey speak up "Umm Reed, better let Web-head take point" as he readies an arrow to follow along.

Stubbazubba

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I didn't see an action order so I'm just gonna jump in with Iron Man and Namor (so it'll be Team instead of Buddy). Ignore me if I shouldn't.[/sblock]

502401-human_torch_billy_tan54cv_large.jpg

Johnny Storm wasn't particularly excited to be called in the middle of a hot date by his sister, but she kept calling and he couldn't afford to melt another phone these days. Helicarrier falling on New York, blah blah blah, all over the news, yadda yadda, why aren't you up there yet, typical Sue stuff. Of course she had the convenient excuse of being invited to a ceremony at some hospital in Cali where some of Reed's tech had been donated - which was also the reason he couldn't afford another phone, come to think of it. Philanthropy. Humbug.

The Human Torch felt much less reluctant when he got into the air and saw it, though. He had been pushing back the Hydra goons, keeping them off the backs of the team that went in. The Hydra forces were taking a moment to re-group, and Johnny noticed Namor and Iron Man approaching the bridge. He was sure Ms. Marvel would be fine handling the goons for a bit, and when was the next time he would get a chance to try out fish jokes on Namor?

"Long time no see, Nemo!" he says as he approaches, "Looking for your dad?" He laughs to himself, but seems to be the only one. "What, you never saw Finding Nemo? Do you just have something against Disney, or wha- No way-, does Atlantis not have movies?!" The Human Torch seems genuinely at a loss for words. After shaking his head, he realizes that Iron Man is taking aim at the window and moves up to about their position. "Right, OK, yeah." Not his best recovery, but man, what do they do down there with no movies?

His thoughts are interrupted by the inexplicable force suddenly weighing him down. He has to adjust his angle to fly upwards at nearly full juice just to stay afloat. Like his last girlfriend, this wasn't gonna work long-term. He raises a hand towards the window and hurls a blast of fire at it, guessing where the thing'll be weakest based on his experience breaking, and sometimes using, Reed's stuff.

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 1

Team d10, Never Grows Up (for the jokes) d4 for a PP (they did fall flat, and distract him), Flame Blast d10, Tech Expert d8. I've never used this die roller before, wish me luck.

+1 PP, Total: 15, Effect: d8, and an Opportunity.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
1554251-namor1_avatar_icon.jpg

Namor clenches his jaw even as he sees the Human Torch. Not only uses the youth the name of a better man than he will ever be (and this was an android), but his jokes already added insult to injury in their previous fights...
He doesn't even need to recognize the reference to discern the bad pun.
Yet, if he rips of his head, any remaining chance for winning his sister's heart will be forfeited. Instead he looks at Johnny's reflection on the window and channels his fury on it.
The titanic punch that follows would even give the Thing pause.

[sblock=OOC]
PP: 1 -> 2

Rolling on IC, as I use the short version of the ENWorld dice roller which makes it hard to see the different dice. Please note me if this is inconvenient for you.

Team, Godlike Strength, Foul Tempered, Long& Colorful History, Combat Expert (1d8=4, 1d12=9, 1d12=12, 1d4=2, 1d8=8)
29 for success and 1d8 as the effect die. He also gains 1 PP for take a d4 for Distinction.
[/sblock]

Remove ads