Marvel Superheroes: Game Closed

Leif

Adventurer
Looking to recurit some more players into the mutant resistance. Interested in beating down some sentinels? Finding out what happen to Wolverine and some of the other X-Men? Want to go back in time to help stop the Kelly Assassination and prevent The Nightmares of Futures Past from happening? (Come on who doesn't want to go back and fight The Blob???)

Love to hear from you.

HM
I assume we're talking M&M, are we? Never actually played that before, but have the rules, if you could put up with me. Not sure what I could do with a character, either, but I always liked to read Green Lantern when I was a kid, so maybe something like that. (With a power device that manifests as a kind of magical force but peters out when it loses power and needs to be re-charged daily?)

Wait, it's coming to me now -- Umber Reli: His power device is an orangish-brown (umber?) umbrella and he slays his foes with spasmodic fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hah! I would be worth see.

Hollyman is actually going for a Marvel system. I tell you that I don't understand much of it myself, but he handles everything, and seems prety easy and logical.

So give it a try!

Leif

Adventurer
Great! Thanks, V.V., good to see that there are such high quality people in this thread. :D But let's see what HM thinks of UR before I take him any farther. Oh, and I have no knowledge of the Marvel system, either, but, apparently that's not a problem?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not a problem the system is really easy and I plan on teaching as we go.

So your character found this item and is mastering it's use?

I like it though what in his background makes him "slays his foes with spasmodic fits of uncontrollable laughter." Is that the power you want or does the device work along the lines of Green Lantern's ring and you just tell jokes and pull off pranks as you fight.

Glad you stopped in to give Nightmares of Futures Past a try know anyone else could use at least one more. Just give me a little background/origin of your charater and what powers/abilities you would like.

HM

Leif

Adventurer
Not a problem the system is really easy and I plan on teaching as we go.

So your character found this item and is mastering it's use?

I like it though what in his background makes him "slays his foes with spasmodic fits of uncontrollable laughter." Is that the power you want or does the device work along the lines of Green Lantern's ring and you just tell jokes and pull off pranks as you fight.

Glad you stopped in to give Nightmares of Futures Past a try know anyone else could use at least one more. Just give me a little background/origin of your charater and what powers/abilities you would like.

HM
I was thinking more along the lines that he was chosen to fill this role by powerful extraterrestrials who gave him the Umbrella and instructed him in its use. How about if it works like Green Lantern's ring, but he's just a goofy sunuvagun? Let's see, he needs a weakness like G. Lantern's inability to affect anything that is yellow.... How about this: 1-- he's a total technophobe and 2-- he hates to get wet? I'll see if Scotley might join us. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I shall work on the device and that would lead next to your characters abilities. What type of character is he in a physical and mental way. Is he as agile as Spider-Man or as strong as Cyclops. Just a description and how you believe he would fare in the following stats: Just give each one a rank from 1-10 1= poor at it, 10 = greatest in the world.

Fighting: your slugfest ability, are you a great boxer or do you prefer not to get your hands dirty
Agility: can you do a 1/2 sommersault,pike with a twist , or dop you fall down the steps regularrly
Strength: can you pick up a car and throw it or do you have trouble taking out the garbage
Endurance: can you survive for short periods in the vacuum of space, or do you start breathing hard riding the escalator
Intelligence: drop out or med student?
Intution: (kind of like wisdom in 3.5 D&D) aware of everything or always being scared as people surprise you
Pysche: your mind is a steel trap againt any telepath, you do what the little girl down the street tells you to

Just a 1-10 will do average human ability would be rated as a 3, super human about a 7 or 8

HM​

Leif

Adventurer
I shall work on the device and that would lead next to your characters abilities. What type of character is he in a physical and mental way. Is he as agile as Spider-Man or as strong as Cyclops. Just a description and how you believe he would fare in the following stats: Just give each one a rank from 1-10 1= poor at it, 10 = greatest in the world.

Fighting: your slugfest ability, are you a great boxer or do you prefer not to get your hands dirty
Agility: can you do a 1/2 sommersault,pike with a twist , or dop you fall down the steps regularrly
Strength: can you pick up a car and throw it or do you have trouble taking out the garbage
Endurance: can you survive for short periods in the vacuum of space, or do you start breathing hard riding the escalator
Intelligence: drop out or med student?
Intution: (kind of like wisdom in 3.5 D&D) aware of everything or always being scared as people surprise you
Pysche: your mind is a steel trap againt any telepath, you do what the little girl down the street tells you to

Just a 1-10 will do average human ability would be rated as a 3, super human about a 7 or 8

HM​
you didn't say whether there is a limit to how many points I spend, so I'm going to assume that there isn't, but that I shouldn't have 10s in everything. :)

fighting 5
agility 8
strength 5
endurance 9
intelligence 5
intuition 6
psyche 7

will that work? how does he stack up against the rest of the party?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not a point buy system this is something new (Mr. GuineaPig) I wanted you to list what your character would be like comared to real life.

So what I picture here is an athleticly built guy, likes to run(high endurance), and is college lvl smart nearly top of his class. And has a high pysche maybe why he was picked as a canidate from the aliens.

He is an above average fighter maybe took some kind of martial arts course or amatuer boxing. If you don't like the feel of this guy let me know or just twik your numbers.

And then I will convert this to game stats and your next assignment would be background. Which will help pick your talents and contacts.

Oh did you read the first couple post about the game world. Kind of a dark future type.

HM

Leif

Adventurer
Not a point buy system this is something new (Mr. GuineaPig) I wanted you to list what your character would be like comared to real life.

So what I picture here is an athleticly built guy, likes to run(high endurance), and is college lvl smart nearly top of his class. And has a high pysche maybe why he was picked as a canidate from the aliens.

He is an above average fighter maybe took some kind of martial arts course or amatuer boxing. If you don't like the feel of this guy let me know or just twik your numbers.

And then I will convert this to game stats and your next assignment would be background. Which will help pick your talents and contacts.

Oh did you read the first couple post about the game world. Kind of a dark future type.

HM
Your description works well for me, thanks. But let's make this change: He was horribly overweight as a boy, but during his later teens he got heavily into both track and taekwando, and whipped himself into shape in a few years. He's a distance runner, not a sprinter, and also a moderately skilled pole vaulter.

Remove ads