Marvel's "Iron Fist" (Now With Spoilers)

ccs

41st lv DM
He was a character of the 70s, but the series was made very recently and Disney isn't alway afraid to move away from the comics with their live adaptations.

But you'll notice that it's not the main characters that they alter. Just some of the supporting ones.
Hiemdal (skin color), Bucky (age), Hawkeye (costume & personal life details), Zero (backstory, lack of costume), Baron Mordo (skin color), The Ancient One (gender).

With Iron Fist himself? No matter wich way they went they were going to recieve flak.
Keep him as the white guy from the comics? Listen to crap from the factions that think he should be changed to Asian because it's 2017 & not 1974.
Change him to Asian? Recieve crap from fans of the comics. Besides, I'm sure they noticed how well received Fox's skin swap of Johnny Stom was....

As for the show being mediocre? True. But even that's fairly accurate to the comics.

Ryujin

Legend
But you'll notice that it's not the main characters that they alter. Just some of the supporting ones.
Hiemdal (skin color), Bucky (age), Hawkeye (costume & personal life details), Zero (backstory, lack of costume), Baron Mordo (skin color), The Ancient One (gender).

With Iron Fist himself? No matter wich way they went they were going to recieve flak.
Keep him as the white guy from the comics? Listen to crap from the factions that think he should be changed to Asian because it's 2017 & not 1974.
Change him to Asian? Recieve crap from fans of the comics. Besides, I'm sure they noticed how well received Fox's skin swap of Johnny Stom was....

As for the show being mediocre? True. But even that's fairly accurate to the comics.

To be fair, there was a lot more going on with FanFourstick than that.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
To that I would say there's a question of just how far from the original you're going.
How far from the original material are the MCU movies? Are far from the originals are the comics today? Old Captain America is now an agent of Hydra. New Captain America now is black. Thor is now a woman. Iron Man is now a black young woman.

Iron Fist is about a kung fu powered superhero. That is his essence. He just doesn't need to be a white guy to be one, cause we ain't in the 70s anymore.

Of course, making him an Asian dude or woman wouldn't necessarely make it more watchable. It would just reflect our societies better.

cmad1977

Hero
Marvel's "Iron Fist" (No Spoilers)

I don't care who 'iron fist' is. White guy. Brown girl. Orange beaver. Whatever.
Just make an interesting story instead of... well... whatever it is now.

Though now that I think of it.. the Kung Fu Beaver would pique my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hussar

Legend
Just finished up watching the series last night. Yeah, very, very unimpressed. Granted, I was never an Iron Fist reader, so, I don't have any connection to the comic book. But, this was just awful. It was paced like a 24 episode season, but, with only 13 episodes. I mean, all that boardroom drama stuff? Who cares? And, at the end of the day, they spend all that time futzing about with all the boardroom drama crap and none of it actually means anything - Ward is still in control of the company.

That was a show where they truly, truly needed a better story.

Remove ads