Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mal smiles at the little man.

"A most generous offer. Sadly, I have other business at this time. Perhaps once I've finished what I came to do I'll be available for other ventures."

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"A pity to be sure," says Yellow Sash, "however the duties would be light and I would be happy to adjust my schedule around yours. I may even be able to assist with your business, my talents are many and varied."

Meanwhile, Blue moves into the second room of Hang's apartments, where Sil has bound and gagged the two Black River Society men. The shorter of the two, the one felled by Bi's sleep hex, looks perturbed and angry, the taller and paler, captured by Sil, still wears his look of slight amusement as if he considers his captivity, and his captors, to be of little import.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The DaQan's face becomes thoughtful as he considers Yellow Sash's offer.

"You should perhaps detail what you mean by 'light duties.' As well as the pay and other benefits to be gained by accepting your offer. I might yet be persuaded."

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Figuring he would make little headway with the angry Society man Blue instead quietly walks over to the other. He squats in front of the man and looks him in the eye assessing his complacent attitude, then reaches out and tugs loose the gag.

"This wasn't my idea but I'm afraid I'm outnumbered. I don't want to make enemies of the Society..."

[sblock=OOC]Dr Simon: With the exception of Mowgli and myself none of the others have posted since 13 Dec. Maybe we should reassess who is still in and figure out where we want to go from here.[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: none
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, good idea. I figured that between the Great Hack and the Christmas break some people have dropped by the wayside, but who is still with us? [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION], [MENTION=22634]Falkus[/MENTION], [MENTION=6693711]slobster[/MENTION], [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]

The Black River Society man looks Blue up and down and shrugs, as best he can within his bonds.

"Fair enough," he says reasonably. "Let us go, and we'll say no more about the whole incident." Blue doesn't feel like he can entirely trust that statement.

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: Apologies, I'm still here. I hadn't actually realized this was still going; it looks like my subscriptions stopped functioning after the forum's downtime, and I didn't see any posts in my email; and since I'm not in the habit of checking this forum directly... >.< Sorry about that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue tilts his head as he assesses the man then he bows, though not deeply.

"Then I shall find some means of cutting or loosening the ropes."

He hurries from the room, returning to the room where Mal is speaking with Yellow Sash.

"It is too late; we have been marked by the Black River Society." His eyes seem to flash with a predator's gleam. "Perhaps we should just kill them to protect ourselves."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: none
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Indeed. If confrontation is inevitable, then we shall face it bluntly, and be done with it. I'm confident that you all are amsters of your respective trades. We shall form an association, I propose we split the profits evenly, there is much to be gained if we terminate the Black River society and discover the yellow jade stash. Even if richness beyond your dreams doesn't sound as a very glorious, putting an end to the organized crime should suffice. In order to do things on the lawful side of things, I propose we leave the thugs here and call the authorities. Lets make sure we've departed first though, law enforcers tend to be obnoxious with details." Hang said.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I hope you don't include me in that assessment," says Yellow Sash with a nervous laugh. He takes a step closer to Mal. "We can discuss terms later," he says to the DaQan, "but by light duties I mean that I'm willing to go with you rather than make you follow me. You'll barely notice I'm there, but I'll feel safer!"

Remove ads