• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Mal's swings grow more and more wild as he begins to worry over his choice to use his axe rather than his bow. Worry turns to obsession - Where is my bow . . . I hope it's not been stepped on and damaged . . . probably couldn't get another one in this benighted place . . .

"Olla paska jäykkänä! Stand saatanan still, teitä kirota!"

The curse words fly with the wood chips as the big man puts his ax head nearly through the ship deck.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
  • Free: None
  • Move: None
  • Standard: Roll a natural one, plant ax head in deck right beside big toe.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang curses silently at the lack of expertise in close combat of his partner. "I'll personally instruct you on how to use that if we survive." the warrior grunts, as he hits the creature flanked by Quin with his elbow. Using the confusion of the lizardman to his advantage, he slips the sharp blade into its belly, eviscerating it.

16 to hit with flanking, 9 damage, on the already 5 damaged n13 should kill it.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Another lizard goes down to Hang's falchion. Quin worries the corpse briefly, then looks to his master for further instruction, tail wagging. As Mal tries to free his axe from the deck he fends of attacks from the two remaining lizards flanking him. Claws rake down his armour but don't find a gap.

[sblock=OOC]
Dock Fight 12.jpg

Mal - miss
Hang - hit's #13, kills it
#5 - attack Mal, miss
#11 - attack Mal, miss
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
With only two enemies remaining, Hang feels confident in his incoming victory. "Onward! We'll bask in the glory of this great victory!" he thrusts his blade to the midsection of the enemy in front of him, hoping to split its vertebral cord. He is satisfied with a loud crack and blood surging from the creature's mouth. "Quin, attack!" he commands his dog to close with the last target.

And another critical hit. This 18-20 critical range reeaaaally pays off. 25 for 9+11: 20 damage.

Dr Simon

Explorer
And another critical hit. This 18-20 critical range reeaaaally pays off.

OOC: Oh I know. My character Kraken in SelcSilverhand's Eberron game on these boards uses a falchion. And he's a frenzied barbarian with heavy use of action points so he can deal out a lot of attacks per round and dish out some scary amounts of damage. Who needs a fireball spell?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

As suddenly as his mood fouled, it lifts, and Mal's deep voice fills the night air with booming laughter. "I'll gladly take you up on that offer, Hang . . . though if you need a ship destroyed I'm currently the man for the job!" His cursing is bubbling with mirth as he yanks the great ax head from the deck, using it's momentum to spin him 'round in a half circle without even looking where he's swinging . . . this time hewing through the rail on the other side. "Paska!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]I'd need a critical threat on a 2-20 for it to help Mal with his ax :lol: This time he rolled a 2, for a total of 6 on his attack roll. Weird how he couldn't miss with the bow . . . hope that continues through the game, at least!
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Quin closes in one the last lizard creature standing, but can't get in past its thrashing tail to bite it. The lizard focuses on Mal, slashing him with its claws as he over balances with his latest clumsy axe swing. Possibly being on board a wooden deck floating on water is not good for one with the blood of mountain spirits in his veins.

[sblock=OOC]
Dock Fight 13.jpg

Quin - bite attack on #5, miss.
#5 - attack Mal, hits for 5 damage.

One left - maybe Mal can hit with the flanking bonus from Quin!
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

As Mal recognizes the absurdity of the situation and his spirits lift, he also becomes more relaxed; the same focus that he uses with his bow comes to him as though by magic, and he brings his axe 'round in a glistening arc . . . this time it bites deep into lizard guts!
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Great Axe Attack!: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24, 1D12+4 = [7]+4 = 11

IC is down for now - not sure if it was the flank, use of a different roller, or just his time . . . but this time he hit!
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The last lizard is down. Blue is unconscious but uninjured, save for bruises. Shem rushes over.

"That was...," he stammers, "I mean, you're just... I knew you could do it. Hey, your dog wanted to follow you, so I followed him and, y'know." He shrugs, and looks around the deck. "This is a lot of dead guys, even for Llaza. I think, technically, this might be piracy? Maybe we shouldn't hang around, otherwise we'll be hanging around permanently, if you catch my drift."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Not so fast Shem, we didn't just kill a horde of lizard man to run into the night empty handed. We were here looking for the red jade, and we either get that or a compensatory loot." the stern warrior says, stowing away his falichon, and spitting blood to his side. His lip was broken and was starting to swell, but his determination was ironclad. "Drag Blue off the boat and somewhere safe and stay with him, Quin, guard! We'll be there in a while." Hang continued, ordering the dog to guard Blue, and making a head nod to Mal, there was a boat to loot.

Remove ads