• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Mal returns Hang's nod, barely wincing as he shifts his axe back to its place on his belt and snags his bow up from the ship's deck. He checks the draw to make sure the weapon hadn't been damaged, and gestures for the other man to lead the way. "I'll cover you from behind, Hang. Let's make this fast, though. Shem's got the right of it, most like, and swinging's not in my plans for the evening."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shem shakes his head sadly and moves over to help Blue, who is coming around; battered and bruised but with nothing that a bit of rest won't heal.

"Easy fella, we won," he says to the shaman. "The big guys are going to search the ship, but we gotta get out of here sharp."

Hang and Mal move to the back of the ship, where the turbanned sailors came from. The door opens into a cabin dominated by a large table, crammed with equipment for navigation as well as eating and cooking utensils and an assortment of odd things with no obvious purpose, including a stuffed crocodile. The cabin occupies roughly 3/4 of the space under the aftcastle and another (closed) door leads off to the side, and an (open) hatch leads downwards.

[sblock=OOC]
Blue is conscious and healed of 1 point of nonlethal damage - by the rules it should take an hour but we may as well get him up and back in the game.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue sits up groggily and looks around. Bodies are everywhere on deck and Blue hopes that Hang and Mal find the evidence needed to make this not quite the atrocity that it appears.

"What a mess. I'm surprised you stuck around, Shem. Associating with us might be more disadvantageous than your previous debts and deals."

Blue looks around again and, spotting his spear amidst the mess, retrieves it.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Blue still has real damage from the previous days combat. It's rough having to rely on natural healing for all of our healing needs. :([/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 16 [1 nonlethal]
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +3 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Yeah," says Shem. "I'm beginning to wonder..." He looks around him. "That Hang's deadly with that blade of his," he says. "But these lizards ... they just kept attacking even when there was just one left. It's kinda like.. like once those guys in the turbans were dead, they just kept following their last order. I dunno, I don't like this ship."

Meanwhile, Hang finds that the door is not locked or jammed, and opens easily into a small cabin that takes up the remainder of the space under the aftcastle. The room is luxuriously decorated in silk hangings that drape around a hammock. There are several chests in the room and a vanity, with a large turban atop a head-shaped hatstand.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang takes the turban, and any other thing he finds in the chests hurriedly. Anything that could be a clue, gems, red or not, and anything of value. He is also curious if there are some weapons of quality. Whatever that seems of certain value won't escape Hang's hands. If he sees red jade, he would leave it there though, and tell the others. He doesn't want to get turned into a beast by the red jade spirits.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue looks around and twists his back. It pops loudly and he grimaces.

"And Mal's bow is devastating." The shaman looks thoughtful. "Yes, these lizards were strange... I hope Hang and Mal make it quick; the sooner we are away the better."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 16 [15 nonlethal]
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +3 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The chests are locked; the quickest and easiest thing, since they are not large, is for Hang to pick them up and carry them. He finds no weapons in the cabin, nor any red jade lying unattended. After a quick sweep of the cabin he rejoins Mal. There is still belowdecks to search, but the longer the group remains on board the ship, the greater the risk of discovery.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC/Apologies]Sorry - I didn't put it in his IC post, only in the spoiler block. Mal headed downstairs to search while Hang was looking in the cabins.[/sblock]

Remove ads