Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
He-Mit holds his tongue, not wishing to talk in front of the Omwtys or Mister Fortune. When the Garden is mentioned, it just confirms his suspicious so he tightens his lips a little more.

Then the shamanic figure, Blue speaks up and he nods. "Maybe those of us who truly wish to continue on should go someplace more private. Unknown to anyone not of our circle. I'm sorry Mister Fortune, I mean no disrespect." he adds with a small bow.

"But you should come with us for a bit Omwtys, for your safety of course." He-Mit says giving the man with the yellow sash an intimidating glare.

[sblock=Rolling] an aid another for someone else to try Intimidate to get the yellow sash man's disposition up enough for him to want to help. EDIT: Well he isn't the Face for a reason LOL[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue scowls. Bullying the man wasn't what he had in mind. He looks to see what the others are planning on doing.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: none
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mister Fortune gives He-Mit a slight bow.

"No disrespect taken," he says. "Believe me when I say that I would be more than happy for you all to go elsewhere." He smiles a smile without warmth.

The Black River man currently held by Sil's protective claws suddenly speaks up.

"That stupid girl got the wrong person," he says. "This was meant for him, not your friend." He indicates the impaled palu devil, then Yellow Sash, with a nod of his head on the words "this" and "him". "Still, it serves as a warning to those who'd mess with the Black River." He seems smug for one held captive by a large group of dangerous-looking individuals.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue blinks in surprise (though he really shouldn't be).

"More twisted by the moment," he mutters.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: none
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hm" Hang had been silent all the way, observing from a muted stance to unfoldment of the events around him. As the thug speaks up, probably inspired by frustration and rage, the warrior smiles. "Grab him." He orders to no one in particular, and points a finger to the yellow sash man; the one still breathing, that is. If no one complies, the stout warrior has no problems doing so himself.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'm back. We can assume that everyone moves to another location, perhaps somewhere that one of the PCs are staying in Llaza.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mal watches the proceedings, to all appearances uncaring as to the outcome. When the others decide to move to a more private venue to discuss the goings-on, he follows quietly.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the non-interactive post. Between the Hack-Attack and my family being struck down by a virulent stomach virus for the past 4 days I'm feeling a little disconnected. I'm here, and keeping up![/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Let's move to my place." Hang suggested. He had rented a room in a establishment more suiting to his higher level of income. "Quickly and quietly."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: PCs alone but with the small man in the yellow sash brought along correct? Even so.

Following the man to his home He-Mit waits till the group is inside before calling everyone's attention. "I have heard many stories in my life, and one was told of this Black Rover Society and the people related to it. The story is long and I will not waste time here. But the meat of the story is this...

...The Black River Society is a criminal cartel, originating in Llaza but said to spread throughout the Anhoi River and Southern Sea nations. They deal in illicit cargo of all kinds - drugs, slaves, tabusami magic (i.e. illegal magic dealing with evil spirits and necromancy, guns and other alchemical items from Hudan, etc.).

Many officials who should do something about it have been bribed or intimidated into inaction. They are said to have a cellular structure, each cell operating more or less independently under the direction of a figure known as a "Father".

Kalog "The Knife" is rumoured to be such an individual in Llaza, but even if these rumours are untrue there are many others about him. He runs an unsavoury bar known as The Chrysanthemum Garden in Llaza, a den of yaama users and there are rumours of pit fights and links to assassins."

After he is done speaking he gagues their "prisoners" reactions. "I think that our path leads to The Chrysanthemum Garden."

Remove ads