• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Ibram

First Post
so far, I've read Lunar Marine (heritage trilogy) and Dune (the original). Now I've started Europa Strike (heritage trilogy) and just picked up "Mastering Technical Mathematics" to help polish up my skills (its been a while since I did calculus)

Tolen Mar

First Post
Ibram said:
so far, I've read Lunar Marine (heritage trilogy) and Dune (the original). Now I've started Europa Strike (heritage trilogy) and just picked up "Mastering Technical Mathematics" to help polish up my skills (its been a while since I did calculus)

Now thats interesting. I was just coming in here to mention I'd changed my mind about my earlier list and to say that I picked up "Calculus with Applications", only its because I've never done any calculus, and was looking for a challenge.

I'm also reading "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen W. Hawking.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I finished The Looking Glass Wars last night. It was such a wonderful read, I could barely keep it down, except for when it got the creative juices flowing.

I really like Beddor's style and am looking forward to the release of Seeing Redd.

Tonight I'll be be strating on Thieves of Baghdad (Matthew Bogdanos).

Just finished reading Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman for the second time...been a long time since I first read it and had forgotten most of the best parts.

Currently reading through Children of Hurin and enjoying it.

Other than that I've been sucked back into comics. Currently on my list is: Incredible Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Runaways, Star Wars: Legacy, Blue Beetle and well...most of the big Marvel things, really.

Last edited:

Grymar

Explorer
I've restarted the Harry Potter series in anticipation of book 7 coming out this summer. I'm currently on book 2 and it is better than I remember.

Rpjunkie

First Post
Just finished off The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud which is actually a young adult book and kicks butt, and am now reading the second of the trilogy The Golem's Eye

I would really recommend these as they are very funny as well as well written.

RPJ

Last edited:

Rpjunkie

First Post
Sorry for the double post! accident! if somone wants to delete this second one, feel free!

Just finished off The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud which is actually a young adult book and kicks butt, and am now reading the second of the trilogy The Golem's Eye

I would really recommend these as they are very funny as well as well written.

RPJ

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
Lately I've been geeking out (in a moon-aged draydream), so I've been reading:

Superluminal, by Tony Daniel. Sequel to Metaplanetary. The story of a civil war in the 30th century Solar system, which reads like Varley's "Eight Worlds" written by Tom Robbins. I love it.

This Alien Shore, by C.S. Friedman. Picked this up years ago after reading the "Coldfire" trilogy, finally getting around to it ... it's pretty good "Heinlein meets Cordwainer Smith" SF, but I put it down in favor of Superluminal.

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, v2. Read through it once. Looks fantastic. The current plan is to use it for the next campaign set in my --currently D&D-- homebrew, CITY.

On deck --that is, still in transit from Amazon-- Fagels's translation of the Iliad.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads