• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mayfair "Role Aids" products: Favorites? Conversions?

Greg K

Legend
JoeGKushner said:
I may be the one with the senility!

I liked witches too as that was another grab bag. I enjoyed the elemental aspects that were found in there and matched them up to FR quite nicely.

I didn't hold on to much of my 2e stuff, but Witches was one of the few items that I did keep.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Undead was creepy. I should still have it in storage.

Someone mentioned "Angry Wizard," and I guess my favorites would be the "Fez" modules as whole. To be honest, the Fez modules were pretty awful in a lot of respects - most of them were very railroad-y, the production values were low, and the writing could be really bad. But they had a certain raw energy and "wahoo"-ness to them that inspired me to think outside the box when it came to running D&D.

Psion

Adventurer
Greg K said:
I didn't hold on to much of my 2e stuff, but Witches was one of the few items that I did keep.

Yeah... witches looked at the class/concept for EVERY angle, which was sort of cool. I especially liked the whole "low level but hazardous wish".

I somehow lost the book during a move, which is part of the reason I took advantage of one of these Mayfair sales.

Greg K

Legend
Psion said:
Yeah... witches looked at the class/concept for EVERY angle, which was sort of cool. I especially liked the whole "low level but hazardous wish".

Actually, it is exactly that type of in depth treatment which 3.x class books like Shaman's Handbook and Witch's Handbook provide that makes me love those books while the lack thereof is the reason that I pretty much despise WOTC's supplements for classes.

Greg K

Legend
Nightfall said:
*wonders if the next WotC book will be Shamans and Witches.* :p :)

At this point, I would not buy such a product from WOTC. The two books from Green Ronin are my among my top five products for DND whether official or not. :p

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Greg,

True but I keep hoping we'll get something to support something like that. GR's Master Class books are pretty nice. I keep hoping they'll continue with Advanced stuff and do Advanced Master Class some time in 2007/2008.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Nightfall said:
Greg,

True but I keep hoping we'll get something to support something like that. GR's Master Class books are pretty nice. I keep hoping they'll continue with Advanced stuff and do Advanced Master Class some time in 2007/2008.

An Advanced Master Class with updates to the old Shaman, Witch, Assassin, and others would go into my instant buy list.

Remove ads