MCDM RPG Backer kit signup is live.

darjr

I crit!
I mean, it isn't really an insurmountable threshold for me, but it does seem an odd time given that lots of folks have significant extra expenses around that time of year. But, then, people are also often in a "spending mood" so maybe it actually bumps. I wonder if there is a way to get a month-by-month feel feel for KS success and see if there is a pattern. Isn't KS data public?
Yea. If it were me I’d want to do it after the holidays, maybe. But that’s a gift card mentality, I think.

I dunno. The only other alternative is to wait months more.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I didn’t realize they were so far along already! I was expecting crowdfunding like, next summer maybe. Maybe they’ll be crowdfunding and then finishing up development over X number of months. I think I’ve been spoiled by Kickstarters that have a PDF ready to go the day that funding finishes.

mamba

Legend
I didn’t realize they were so far along already! I was expecting crowdfunding like, next summer maybe. Maybe they’ll be crowdfunding and then finishing up development over X number of months. I think I’ve been spoiled by Kickstarters that have a PDF ready to go the day that funding finishes.
Flee Mortals took about a year from KS start to printed books, let’s say 9 months or so for the finished PDF, I would expect something similar here

overgeeked

B/X Known World
That's wild. They just started open playtesting like 1-2 weeks ago. And some of the reports are...not great for some of the subsystems. I'm sure they know what they're doing re: design, playtesting, etc. but early December for a Kickstarter? That doesn't seem wise.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I was number 1147 so I suspect they will be able to fund. Thanks for the mention so I could get in on it!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It might not be the best time, but I guess MCDM does not expect much of a problem there, or they would have chosen a later date.
I always wonder how companies decide this stuff. Especially for folks like MCDM, who've done this repeatedly, I assume there's a method to the madness, but I can't figure out what it would be in this case.

darjr

I crit!
I always wonder how companies decide this stuff. Especially for folks like MCDM, who've done this repeatedly, I assume there's a method to the madness, but I can't figure out what it would be in this case.
This is probably simply they need a new product in the pipeline and delaying it is not something they could afford to do.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I have some friends who did several successful Kickstarters. The one thing they told me to never do is Kickstart too soon before an election. You buy a lot of ads on social media and I think they lost two-thirds of them to fake accounts run by bots. It actually tanked one of their campaigns.

I don't think MCDM will have problems funding, but it may be a bit of an issue getting their message out to people who don't already know about them.

Remove ads