• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Several people are talking about 'Moradin'. This is important--we do not have a Moradin in LEW. Let's excise that name from all posts. Replace it with Gundar or something. Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion!)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"If she sap your strength," Quozen replies, "then battle at night."

"Or, find a way around the challenge in the first place. The beauty in the Nightingale is that the song changes. The notes are the same, the melody is different. When one hones one's skills, there are ways to use them to succeed where others fail.

For example, one solution to the Desert Wings is to wait--they shall lose the fortune they find quickly enough. Yet this requires patience and temperance. It is often easier to gather the sand than to steal a sandbag. But without patience and temperance, it is not a good solution."

Quozen reaches over to a passing waiter's tray, deftly balancing four glasses as he picks them up. He presents them for everyone. "For now, the solution calls for drink."

Lot

First Post
Lokin nods as Jinx speaks and listens to Ash, as well.

"Yeah, almost dying because some commander decided you would be useful as a feint...well, I realize the utility in that but being a pawn on the battlefield is no way to feel good yourself or your life. Of course, the last time I almost died, it was because I followed a comrade charging into the darkness without a light source. Crazy berserker type. I guess it was my mistake for following him, though."

Lokin chews a piece of lamb from a skewer and swallows it with a mouthful of wine.

"I guess I can say that much for myself. I'm not much to look at, I'm not a very interesting conversationalist. I'm not the fastest or the strongest. But I am dependable. Boring, predictable, and dependable. You'd be surprised how rare that can be in this world."

Lokin looks around at the rest of the crowd.

"All this is just talk unless we get some work, though. It's hard to make a living as an adventurer when there are no adventures, right?"

Heckler

First Post
Dungannon said:
Devlin chuckles lightly at her words. "Well, I've never experienced sewers, but I imagine it can't be much worse than creeping through an abandoned mine full of mechanical bugs."
"Mechanical bugs? Well that's something you don't see every day. I'm not sure I could even imagine such a thing," Babette replies.

Heckler

First Post
BigB said:
Octavio! I see you are having a good time. This is indeed a fine event. It is good to see you my friend.
"I always have a good time, Grendath willing," Octavio replies with a wink. "And just look around you, friend. The food, the wine, the women...one hardly knows where to begin!"

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
"Mechanical bugs? Well that's something you don't see every day. I'm not sure I could even imagine such a thing," Babette replies.
"Well, it was interesting. Especially when we ran into the dark elves."

Heckler

First Post
Dungannon said:
"Well, it was interesting. Especially when we ran into the dark elves."
"Dark elves!?" Babette almost spits her wine out at the words. Almost. "Surely you jest, those things are only tales told to scare young children...aren't they?"

Dungannon

First Post
Heckler said:
"Dark elves!?" Babette almost spits her wine out at the words. Almost. "Surely you jest, those things are only tales told to scare young children...aren't they?"
Devlin arches his eyebrow, "Oh no, my dear. I assure you they are quite real." The rogue then flashes a quick grin before continuing. "But I assure you that those we encountered are no longer a threat to anyone."

Heckler

First Post
Dungannon said:
Devlin arches his eyebrow, "Oh no, my dear. I assure you they are quite real." The rogue then flashes a quick grin before continuing. "But I assure you that those we encountered are no longer a threat to anyone."
"Well, that's good to hear, at least."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Heckler said:
"Well, that's good to hear, at least."
"Aye, even here on the surface world, the Nesfylim roam, dark elves who believe that it is only here that they will find the key to release their lord, the Demon King Mishtuli," one the librarians, overhearing the conversation, adds sagely, before grabbing another of the cakes.

Remove ads