• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Aye, even here on the surface world, the Nesfylim roam, dark elves who believe that it is only here that they will find the key to release their lord, the Demon King Mishtuli," one the librarians, overhearing the conversation, adds sagely, before grabbing another of the cakes.
Babette shuddrers at the librarian's comments. "I'm starting to think hunting wererats in the sewers isn't such a bad thing after all."

"And, I need more wine," she adds as she exchanges her empty glass for a full one from a passing server.

ethandrul

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
"If she sap your strength," Quozen replies, "then battle at night."

"Or, find a way around the challenge in the first place. The beauty in the Nightingale is that the song changes. The notes are the same, the melody is different. When one hones one's skills, there are ways to use them to succeed where others fail.

For example, one solution to the Desert Wings is to wait--they shall lose the fortune they find quickly enough. Yet this requires patience and temperance. It is often easier to gather the sand than to steal a sandbag. But without patience and temperance, it is not a good solution."

Quozen reaches over to a passing waiter's tray, deftly balancing four glasses as he picks them up. He presents them for everyone. "For now, the solution calls for drink."

I will not wait for the Desert Wings to lose that whick I can take! My father mentioned to me the vast wealth in their hidded cache, They are confident and they have been using the same hole for many years! I agree, that patience may be useful to me, I don't need to rush in and get killed by them, but it is patience in the assistance of ambition. I will smill as I replace my fathers finger with the shrivelled claw of their leader.
As for fighting in the dark, Psergei Is not a merciful goddess- she takes people in the desert everyday- I dedicate my kills to her so she does not chose to take me. It is a tradition that my family adopted from the local humans we lived with. Some of the things they did in the name of Psergei- diobolical. would you like to hear a legend they tell of her power?

Bison

First Post
ethandrul said:

As for fighting in the dark, Psergei Is not a merciful goddess- she takes people in the desert everyday- I dedicate my kills to her so she does not chose to take me. It is a tradition that my family adopted from the local humans we lived with. Some of the things they did in the name of Psergei- diobolical. would you like to hear a legend they tell of her power?

Its all supersticious nonsence cousin. the only one you need concern yourself with pleasing is yourself. trust in your own strength I say, and let the fools worry about the whims of the gods

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Dungannon said:
Devlin chuckles lightly at her words. "Well, I've never experienced sewers, but I imagine it can't be much worse than creeping through an abandoned mine full of mechanical bugs."
"Oh, the sewers were pretty nasty, but it was what came out of the sewers that gave us our gems." As he talks, Fimbus' little blue light grows into a blood red, wispy form, with a huge head, sharp teeth, and a long, tapered tail. Rikitiki hisses at it and bites it. The wispy form explodes in a tiny poof of red, leaving behind three tiny points of light, which Rikitiki proceeds to chase around over her gnome master's body.

Dungannon

First Post
After scanning the room, Lucien makes his way over to a familiar face. He places his hand on Richard's shoulder in greeting. "My friend, it is good to see you. How have the past few months treated you?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Bison said:
Its all supersticious nonsence cousin. the only one you need concern yourself with pleasing is yourself. trust in your own strength I say, and let the fools worry about the whims of the gods

Quozen smiles. "Then let me be that fool. I, for one, would love to hear the fable. Please, Hasan, do continue."

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus Bralc, Human Wizard 1

Peladus wanders over to listen to the musicians. He sways appreciatively to the music, caught up in the wonder of harmonic invention. After standing there a while, he turns to Octavio and says, "You play well, sir. Surely you do this for a living. I dabble a little - viola is my instrument - but I'm afraid my studies have left little enough time for practising. Still, there's nothing like beautiful music, eh?"

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
After finishing her business talk with Tor, Ashnar continues to observe the guests, somewhat glad that Tor hadn't brought up her change in gender again.

ajanders

Explorer
Michael strolls out to the terrace, then bounds towards the Freefolk camp.

(OOC: -10 crush penalty on everything related to perception: call me if anybody needs healing)

ethandrul

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
Quozen smiles. "Then let me be that fool. I, for one, would love to hear the fable. Please, Hasan, do continue."

Hasin grins many years ago, some of the gods gathered- much as we have gathered here. They came together to discuss how best to destroy a man who was laying waste to many of their agents and priests. His name was Ali El' Malaqua. He spent time healing the sick, and freeing slaves. and so far the gods were powerelss to stop him, because Ali owned a suit of armor that made him invincible. the god of disease threw undead at him, he was beset by poisonous snakes, slavers tried to take it off him by force- but all fell to Ali's blessed falchion. Every god seemed to have a tale of how Ali had bested his champion because of his holy armor, and enchanted blade. The burning mother Psergei then spoke up. Tell me, what would you give me if I delvered him to you unarmed and unarmored? The gathering of gods spoke and agreed to grant her anything she wished- She smiled and told them to have agents wait at Oasis of 6 Palms. Ali was travelling to get medicine for a woman who had been in the sun too long, she was delrious and could not rise from her bed. She had what was called the Touch of Psergei (just like my brother).The location of the medicine was an herb thar grows only in one one place- the Oasis of 6 palms- it was many days away- So, Ali travelled on his camel. Psergei looked down and grinned at him, and as she grinned she grew brighter- and the desert grew hotter. it grew so hot that Alis water began to boil, and his camel died. Ali travelled on. it grew so hot that Ali could not speak.- yet he travelled on. it grew so hot that the sand began to melt , the hero - noe delirious- travelled on. Now, Ali was in sight of the oasis- Psergei smiled one last time and The heat relented. The maiden of heat asked the gods for rain- and rain it did- Ali removed his helmet to catch the rain, he removed his armor to bathe in it's cool fall- Psergei told the other gods to act- and their agents fell upon the Noble Ali El'Malaqua- killing him swiftly.Psergei demanded the armor and sword be given to her, and she also demanded that she be highest of all the gods of the desert- so she is, feared by all in the desert- for hers is dominion over all the hot sands.

Remove ads