• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Heckler

First Post
Boddynock said:
Peladus wanders over to listen to the musicians. He sways appreciatively to the music, caught up in the wonder of harmonic invention. After standing there a while, he turns to Octavio and says, "You play well, sir. Surely you do this for a living. I dabble a little - viola is my instrument - but I'm afraid my studies have left little enough time for practising. Still, there's nothing like beautiful music, eh?"
"You flatter me, Sir. I play for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of others; although I did win diSenzio's performance competition. I am Octavio Amontillado, and it is a pleasure to meet you. And this is Khairi, who won diSenzio's dueling competition," he adds, introducing the Sairundan man standing next to him.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus Bralc, Human Wizard 1

Peladus nods graciously. "Octavio. Khairi. The pleasure is mine!"

"Well, I'm encouraged by your kind words, and even though I'm in such exalted company, I'd like to try my hand at some ensemble playing with you. So long as you don't mind?"

He goes over to the musicians, who are currently taking a break between sets, and cajoles the viola player into lending him her instrument. Smiling sweetly at her, he makes his way back to his new found companions and adopts a dramatic stance, bow raised.

"Something in G, perhaps?"

With that he begins to play.

[sblock=OOC]Tenebrynn's Revel; Performance check (viola): (1d20+2=13)[/sblock]And does a routine enough job. After sawing away for some time, he smiles ruefully, puts up the bow and says, "Ah, well - thankfully I'm a better spellcaster than I am a musician!"

With that he laughs, bows ironically to any partygoers nearby and hands back the instrument to its relieved owner before returning to Octavio and Khairi and saying, "Another champagne, gentlemen?"

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Boddynock (Peladus) said:
He goes over to the musicians, who are currently taking a break between sets, and cajoles the viola player into lending him her instrument. Smiling sweetly at her, he makes his way back to his new found companions and adopts a dramatic stance, bow raised.

[sblock=OOC]Tenebrynn's Revel; Performance check (viola): (1d20+2=13)[/sblock]And does a routine enough job. After sawing away for some time, he smiles ruefully, puts up the bow and says, "Ah, well - thankfully I'm a better spellcaster than I am a musician!"

Sir Nurlan turns his attention to the new performer. After the piece is finished he walks over to the viola player and introduces himself. "Good evening. It is always a pleasure to meet another musician. My name is Nurlan. I am originally from Lhondaio, although now I spend more time in Monemvassia than anywhere else. I travel Enworld singing for all manner of audiences, and learning the songs of the world. Who are you, and where are you from?"

Boddynock

First Post
orsal said:
Sir Nurlan turns his attention to the new performer. After the piece is finished he walks over to the viola player and introduces himself. "Good evening. It is always a pleasure to meet another musician. My name is Nurlan. I am originally from Lhondaio, although now I spend more time in Monemvassia than anywhere else. I travel Enworld singing for all manner of audiences, and learning the songs of the world. Who are you, and where are you from?"
Peladus smiles in response to Nurlan's words and says, "I am Peladus Bralc, Nurlan, and I am honoured to meet you. Alas, my genesis is not as exotic as your own - for I confess that I have never heard of Lhondaio. No, I come from just down the track, in Allimon - that city of dual (and duelling) Colleges ... and of inadequate drains."

With a grin and a flourish, the young man bows deeply.

Then he straightens and says, "Have you met my newfound friends? Here are Octavio and Khairi - heroes of geat renown, and champions of the gruelling diSenzio challenge."

orsal

LEW Judge
Boddynock said:
Peladus smiles in response to Nurlan's words and says, "I am Peladus Bralc, Nurlan, and I am honoured to meet you. Alas, my genesis is not as exotic as your own - for I confess that I have never heard of Lhondaio. No, I come from just down the track, in Allimon - that city of dual (and duelling) Colleges ... and of inadequate drains."

With a grin and a flourish, the young man bows deeply.

Then he straightens and says, "Have you met my newfound friends? Here are Octavio and Khairi - heroes of geat renown, and champions of the gruelling diSenzio challenge."

Sir Nurlan extends a hand to each in turn. "The diSenzio challenge, you say? Rinaldo diSenzio is a good friend of mine. We had a couple of ventures together in Monemvassia. I do not recall that he ever mentioned this challenge. Was it part of the festival he organized here?"

BigB

First Post
Boddynock said:
Peladus Bralc, Human Wizard 1

Peladus nods graciously. "Octavio. Khairi. The pleasure is mine!"

"Well, I'm encouraged by your kind words, and even though I'm in such exalted company, I'd like to try my hand at some ensemble playing with you. So long as you don't mind?"

With that he laughs, bows ironically to any partygoers nearby and hands back the instrument to its relieved owner before returning to Octavio and Khairi and saying, "Another champagne, gentlemen?"

Khairi still laughing from Octavios earlier comment, greets the dwarf with a smile and attentively listens to his performance. Not bad, I see you have studied some time. I myself am not so naturally gifted but have to work at it as well. We can not all be so gifted as our friend Octavio, winks to the mage, besides I enjoy my own singing better when I have had more drink.Khairi accepts the offer of champagne. Thank you.

Velmont

First Post
As he overears his name, Rinaldo come toward the group where Nurlan is standing. "You didn't heard about it because I organized it after we become knight of Monemvassia. It was aprt of that festival I had made. This old arena needed to be of some use, so I decided to make good use of it and I organized challenges for warriors, archers, casters, performers and craftmen. All that came to me on my way back here. I had to stop at Earling and meet the king for which I had done some task for him there. The organisation was long and laborious, but the success was great."

He turns his attention toward Octavio and Khairi. "Please to meet you both. Reynold and Manister have spoken of you. Too sad I had to miss my own tournement, but business is business and deals doesn't wait for you to happen."

BigB

First Post
Khairi extends his hand to Rinaldo.Ahhh, the famed Rinaldo. My pleasure to meet you. What a grand affair you put on! It is a shame you could not enjoy it yourself.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Fascinating..." Quozen replies. "Psergei is to be feared, clearly. The desert is harsh to the prepared, and worse to the unprepared."

Quozen turns to Jace. "You have a devotion, yes? Do you have tales to share?"

Knight Otu

First Post
BigB said:
Khairi extends his hand to Rinaldo.Ahhh, the famed Rinaldo. My pleasure to meet you. What a grand affair you put on! It is a shame you could not enjoy it yourself.
"I was wondering how it had turned out, I haven't heard much about it since we've returned, I am afraid." Ashnar joins the talk on the tournament. She adds "To be honest, Master Octavio's entrance was more or less the first I've heard about the outcomes."

Remove ads