Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Yes they definitely are, hi Salvador, Isabella, Carlos." Tenebrynn says as he takes Kiara's hand.
*The kids wave back, and Hogarth nods to Tenebrynn, continuing to watch over the children.*

*Kiara takes Tenebrynn's hand a bit gingerly, and when she is holding it, she blushes slightly again, but as they move to the dance floor, she seems a bit more confident. She is by no means an excellent dancer--as a librarian she probably doesn't have too many occasions to practise, but she still enjoys moving to the rhythm and trying to match up with the steps that the other dancers seem to already know.*

"You know, sometimes it's fun to try a dance you've never heard before," Kiara offers, "It's like a puzzle or a riddle, and you try to crack the pattern. Once you can internalise it, then your body will just move itself, as if by instinct. I know you're an adventurer, but do you have any hobbies, Tenebrynn?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Beyond the obvious reading and researching, I enjoy physical activity, particularly horseback riding. You seem attracted to puzzles, is that something you do in your spare time?" replies Tenebrynn. He is quite adept at dancing, despite having never done much of it before.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Beyond the obvious reading and researching, I enjoy physical activity, particularly horseback riding. You seem attracted to puzzles, is that something you do in your spare time?" replies Tenebrynn. He is quite adept at dancing, despite having never done much of it before.
"Horseback riding? Wouldn't have pegged you for it. You're quite an interesting man..."

"Puzzles? Well, sometimes. Riddles and brain teasers and others of that sort. It gives me something to ponder over while I'm working in the library. Heard any good riddles lately?...Oh, but you probably aren't as interested in puzzles...What about visual art? I've read several books on art, and I've seen a lot of what we have here in Orussus and in the surrounding area, but I've heard that there are galleries and noble's villas in Monemvassia and Medibaria with some absolutely fantastic artwork!"

Erekose13

Explorer
"No, I'm not really into art, puzzles are fascinating and far more engaging to me. In fact, take Monemvassia as an example, I can't say that I remember a single piece from my time there." replies Tenebrynn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Really? Hmm, I guess there weren't any puzzles in Monemvassia either though. Have you heard the puzzle about the three philosophers with dots on their foreheads?"

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
"As she hears that Tor is interested in a wand, she comes up to him and offers "I'm capable of crafting wands, Tor. I will need to acquire the spell, but I believe Tenebrynn has it, so that should be no problem. I'm afraid though that the cost may approach your spending limits. I'll need materials worth about 375 gold pieces, and I'm afraid I must ask for a charge for the imbued essence, which I estimate will be about 150 gold. That would be approximately 525 gold."

(CL 1, of course; 5 gp for 1 XP as per the spellcasting fees)

Tor provides Ashnar with the 525 gp.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Dots on their foreheads? No I've not heard that one." Tenebrynn replies as they swirl around the dance floor.

(ooc: I had two things I had wanted to attend to prior to the start of the game but didn't have a chance because of IRL. Tenebrynn had wanted to speak with Almayce and Opale to exchange spells. Can we do that in a bit of ooc? or parallel IC?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Dots on their foreheads? No I've not heard that one." Tenebrynn replies as they swirl around the dance floor.

(ooc: I had two things I had wanted to attend to prior to the start of the game but didn't have a chance because of IRL. Tenebrynn had wanted to speak with Almayce and Opale to exchange spells. Can we do that in a bit of ooc? or parallel IC?)
"The story tells of a Queen testing three wise men..."

"The Queen then blindfolded the three wise men, and she painted a dot on the forehead of each. She asked her citizens to take note of the color of each dot, but to keep silent about it. The citizens could see that the color of each dot was red.

The Queen then took off the blindfolds and had the three wise men face each other. "I have painted either a green dot or a red dot on your foreheads," she said. "Raise your right hand if you see a red dot on at least one of the foreheads facing you."

Each wise man raised his hand.

"Now," ordered the Queen, "without talking, and using only information provided, you must figure out the color of the dot on your own forehead. The first to do this will be allowed to stay in my peaceful kingdom."

The first wise man thought, "The other two have raised their hands. Therefore, each of them sees a red dot. I can see that they both have red dots on their own foreheads. But they would both raise their hand whether the dot on my forehead was red or green. So there is no way for me to know whether the dot on my forehead is red or green."

The second wise man thought, "This riddle is unsolvable. If the dot on my forehead is green, I would see what I am now seeing: the other two with their hands raised, and me with my hand raised. If the dot on my forehead is red, I would also see what I am now seeing: the other two with their hands raised, and me with my hand raised. Because the only information I have to go on is the observation that all three hands are raised, and all three hands would be raised whether the dot on my own forehead is red or green, I have no way of determining whether my dot is red or green."

Ten minutes passed. Suddenly, the third wise man exalimed, "The dot on my forehead is red!"

How did he know?"

(OOC: Sure, parallel IC or OOC works for me!)

Remove ads