Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Velmont

First Post
Erekose13 said:
(ooc: I had two things I had wanted to attend to prior to the start of the game but didn't have a chance because of IRL. Tenebrynn had wanted to speak with Almayce and Opale to exchange spells. Can we do that in a bit of ooc? or parallel IC?)

OOC: Opale would gladly gives access to her spellbook if Tenebrynn is ready to give a little help to Opale, as she will want a blessed book too. Here what I want to do:

1. Gives access to her spellbook to Tenebrynn.
2. Sell her spellbook (For 2650gp)
3. Create a Blessed Book (Tenebrynn will need to help Opale by giving access to Secret Pages)
4. Copy back all her spell from Tenebrynn spellbook and gain some new spells from Tenebrynn.

Note if you have to spend any craft points of XP in the process, Opale will pay for them. What do you think of that?

Erekose13

Explorer
"Is it in her choice of words, 'I have painted either a green dot or a red dot on your foreheads.' indicates that she has painted the same colour on all three heads rather than 'I have painted a green dot or a red dot on each of your foreheads.'? asks Tenebrynn.

(ooc: as my time might be limited, here is what Tenebrynn is looking for from each of those two. He'll trade one for one at equal level or one higher though is willing to trade combine trades for higher level spells. He'll also accept coin if either of them wants more spells and he charges very reduced rates. He wont trade any of Ashnar's spells though (which reminds me I have to add the new ones in.)

[sblock=Opale's Spellbook]Acid Arrow
Hideous Laughter
Minor Image
Stinking Cloud
Major Image
Black Tentacles
Confusion
[/sblock]
[sblock=Almayce's Spellbook]Animate Rope
Detect Secret Doors
Detect Undead
Hold Portal
Hypnotism
Levitate
Protection from Good/Law
See Invisibility
Shrink Item
Sleep[/sblock]

EDIT: amended spellbook request

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont said:
OOC: Opale would gladly gives access to her spellbook if Tenebrynn is ready to give a little help to Opale, as she will want a blessed book too. Here what I want to do:

1. Gives access to her spellbook to Tenebrynn.
2. Sell her spellbook (For 2650gp)
3. Create a Blessed Book (Tenebrynn will need to help Opale by giving access to Secret Pages)
4. Copy back all her spell from Tenebrynn spellbook and gain some new spells from Tenebrynn.

Note if you have to spend any craft points of XP in the process, Opale will pay for them. What do you think of that?

ooc: yes he'll help. let me find my post with his rates for item creation, though Opale can spend everything (xp, cp, craft, spells) except use the feat actually all you need from him is secret page. and the use of his spell book to make the copies. he'll do all that for the spells he is looking for and he'll keep his bargain for equal trade too.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC @ Spells] Tenebrynn need not barter for some of those--Elektra already had Minor and Major Image, as well as
Alarm
Endure Elements
Protection from Evil
Grease
Summon Monster I
Floating Disk
Color Spray
Disguise Self
Magic Aura
Ventriloquism
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall
Reduce Person
Glitterdust
Phantom Steed[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Is it in her choice of words, 'I have painted either a green dot or a red dot on your foreheads.' indicates that she has painted the same colour on all three heads rather than 'I have painted a green dot or a red dot on each of your foreheads.'? asks Tenebrynn.

"No, that's just the way I said it. The logical statement is that for each forehead, there is either a red or a green dot on that head. The solution is simple--pretend you're the third wise man. Now, you see two red dots on the other wise men's heads. So that means that each one of them sees one red (the first one sees the second one and the second one sees the first one) and then whatever is on your own head. Now you knew you had a red dot, right? But how? Well, what if you had a green dot? Then each of the other two wise men would see a green dot and a red dot, right? Can you solve it from here?"

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Man sometimes it sucks trying to play a character with 20 int cause the player can't ever live up to it.

"I'm afraid I don't see how that cannot be possible." he replies tripping over his own feet as they continue dancing. Thankfully he has enough grace not to step on her feet. Completely distracted he slows his dance.

ooc: re spells. Oh right Tenebrynn flipped through her book before thinking of other spellbooks, its just me the player who went the other way round.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If you like, we can say Tenebrynn solved it. I definitely have less than 20 Int and I knew this one immediately when I first heard it)

"Well, if you had green on your head, then those other two wise men would see that and say to themselves: 'Tenebrynn has a green dot, and the last wise man has a red one. That means that if I also have a green dot, then the last philosopher would have seen no red dots at all! Thus, it is simple--I must have a red dot too.' Since neither of the other wise men said this, then you know that the problem isn't so easy, so you must have a red dot too."

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: nah no fun in that.

"Ah I had put myself in the shoes of the third wise man without trying to think from the perspective of the other two. For a diviner, I'm hardly the most perceptive am I?" he says laughing but picks up the pace of the dance to regain the momentum that the freefolk are playing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooc: nah no fun in that.

"Ah I had put myself in the shoes of the third wise man without trying to think from the perspective of the other two. For a diviner, I'm hardly the most perceptive am I?" he says laughing but picks up the pace of the dance to regain the momentum that the freefolk are playing.
"Sometimes magic can be as much a crutch as a tool," Kiara agrees, "I may be good at riddles, but I'm still little more than a struggling neophyte when it comes to magic."

(OOC: Tenebrynn could always impress her with that crazy riddle that he and friends solved in the tower--just don't let Valeria hear ;))

Xael

First Post
Erekose13 said:
(ooc: as my time might be limited, here is what Tenebrynn is looking for from each of those two. He'll trade one for one at equal level or one higher though is willing to trade combine trades for higher level spells. He'll also accept coin if either of them wants more spells and he charges very reduced rates. He wont trade any of Ashnar's spells though (which reminds me I have to add the new ones in.)

[sblock=Almayce's Spellbook]Animate Rope
Detect Secret Doors
Detect Undead
Hold Portal
Hypnotism
Levitate
Protection from Good/Law
See Invisibility
Shrink Item
Sleep[/sblock]
[SBLOCK=Trading]That's 15 total spells levels from Almayce (8 1st, 2 2nd and 1 3rd level spells).

Almayce is interested in trading the spells above and money to these or some of these (Priorities listed first, Almayce is willing to pay):

Mnemonic Enhancer (4th)
Sepia Snake Sigil (3rd)
Nondetection (3rd)
Illusory Script (3rd)
Arcane Lock (2nd)
Continual Flame (2nd)
Phantom Trap (2nd)
Magic Mouth (2nd)
As many 4th and 3rd level spells Almayce can afford

Almayce knows all the first level spells, so those will have to be exhanged to higher level ones. Just decide which of the above spells Almayce can trade for, which ones he has to buy and at what rate (Almayce has 640 gp to spend), and I'll spend the rest of his money and list more spells. ;) [/SBLOCK]

Remove ads