Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Heckler

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
Richard wanders through the crowd to Rinya's side, overhearing her lament he just grins and looks around... "They sure know how to make noise for Librarians!" he laughs.
"I do not understand. The last time we encountered librarians they were so painfully quiet...now this...! I hope we find something that needs killing soon. I am feeling...antsy."

ajanders

Explorer
Bront said:

OOC: Vanitri is 3 years older younger (yes, that's correct), a bit shorter, and a lot more confident (not that that was ever a problem), so I understand, but he never forgets a friend. He also appears to have a poorly dressed supermodel on his arm.

"Michael my friend, tis good to see you. Have you been eating? You look famished." Vanitri says.

Michael raises an eyebrow as he looks Vanitri over.
"More eaten than eating." Michael says dryly.
"It's been what, a year since last we spoke?"

He doffs his helmet to the lady.

"We should have lunch tomorrow, if it's convenient for you and the lady."
Something in his eyes signals Vanitri this is not as casual as it sounds.

ajanders

Explorer
orsal said:
He spies Michael as the latter is clearly lost in thought, pining for the object of his affections. Sauntering over to the cleric, he holds out his hand. "Greetings, good sir. I don't believe we've met yet. My name is Nurlan, a singing minstrel, and I couldn't help noticing you have something on your mind besides the night's revelry."

Michael looks at Nurlan warily, expecting him to turn into a succubus and drink his soul.
There is a pause before he puts his hand out.
"Michael Grannion. Commander of Sela."

The handshake is firm and short.

ajanders

Explorer
orsal said:
The apearance of another old comrade distracts Sir Nurlan from Michael. ".... Rinaldo and I went back to Monemvassia for another job, this time hunting assassins, and met Hogarth when we were imprisoned together by a black dragon. Anyway, Rinaldo, Hogarth, how have you been keeping yourselves since the fall of Causticus?"

Somewhere between the "starting as a male human and coming back as a female elf" and the "you turned into a woman too" Michael's mouth hangs open and he becomes acutely aware he's in over his head.

This ain't the Black Rock Harvest Queen and her court. No way, no how...

After a moment he closes his mouth and attempts not to look like a country bumpkin.
Seeing Sir Nurlan happily occupied, he bows his head, murmurs a short blessing appropriate for the reunion of two old friends, and quietly slips off, hopefully to watch Ros.

I am so not an adventurer...

Richard Rawen

First Post
Heckler said:
"I do not understand. The last time we encountered librarians they were so painfully quiet...now this...! I hope we find something that needs killing soon. I am feeling...antsy."
Richard shares a knowing look, then nods towards the tables of food which are quickly being ransacked by an armor-clad and voracious Orc and a pair of apparently starved Dwarves.
"Well, at least they are restraining themselves to blood-less competition... though I think I'll wait till I return to the RDI to eat." The young Human smiles easily, more at home with the company than with the surroundings.

A grin creeps into a smile and his eyes twinkle a little as his smile broadens, "So, did you see the sword Tarag and I made? He did most of it of course, but I did learn a lot about sword-crafting and . . . and I think I may join him as an apprentice smith after we return from ... well, whatever. What are you planning ... I mean, long term... after the Dire Emergency has passed... are you mostly gaining experience before you return to your people or are you out here with us savages for a longer period?" Richards bright smile has faded to a more playful grin, but he keeps smiling at his tough friend as he waits.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder enters the party, having taken the time to don a new cloak over his armor. "Greetings, all. I hope I haven't missed much."

Bront

The man with the probe
ethandrul said:
LAMB FILLED PASTRIES !!
OOC: Can everyone please do us all a favor and let us know who's actualy speeking in any one post? The above post is about as usefull to most people as a disembodied voice. At least with a name, we can look up the character sheet and see who said person is.

Not picking on you specificly. Thanks :)

Remove ads