Merged: Against all odds [Darmanicus] & Adv. Party Needs Killing (Inconsequential-AL)

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Darklone said:
Ghoulish wyverns or zombie wyverns?

The million Dollar question! We're not sure yet...

Our mage has an opposed school necromancy and didn't take a knowledge skill in it... so he didn't help last time we met one. From fighting it we didn't find out. I'm tempted to return to my church and see if the library/older clerics has any knowledge about them.

If I was forced to guess; then I'd say it's more 'ghoul' than 'zombie' as it seemed to exhibit some intelligence. Either that or it was closely controlled by the rider.

Pielorinho

Oooh. Readied Telekinisis - have to remember that one :) I do like that combat maneuver use of it - very nasty.

6th level summon would be good. However, I think the mage is more interested in something direct for his second spell... and he's only just levelled up.

I've looked closely at offensive plane shifts before - pack them off to a positive energy plane or nth level of the abyss... However, the issue of 'death magic' hasn't really popped up yet - still an unopened can of worms as of now. If a PC starts using it, they better know how to counter it!

I agree, I think checking into the wall of force is a very good idea. Your version sounds sensible.

mikebr99

Explorer
Human Wizard:

Summon VI - Air Elemental! see whirlwind ability. Ask him to pick up riders and show them the edge of the atmosphere...

Dwarf Cleric:
Greater Command - Fall!
Death Ward
Disrupting Weapon

Mike

Epametheus

First Post
Since Disintegrate works on objects, it works on corporeal undead.

Undead creatures have amazingly bad fort saves. The wizard should be able to zap a wyvern (or its rider) right there. Preceed it with a True Strike or with someone else attacking the wyvern of choice; wasting a 6th level spell due to an orc's Mounted Combat feat would suck.

Searing Light spells are also really nasty against undead creatures. 3rd level spell, ranged touch attack, will deal 10d6 damage (no save) to the undead creatures at your level. Your cleric really ought to stock up on those, if he hasn't already done so.

Human WIZ 11
1st get limited wish
then if your group has to face them in melee cast it and duplicate the holy sword spell on the toughest melee fighter you got, righteous might would work pretty of in that case as well.
You can even squeeze a heal out of your limited wish, duplicate the one the Adept NPC class gets as a 5th level spell.

Searing light (for the cleric) will do a lot of damage, scorching ray might work as well, disintegrate,too.

JimAde

First Post
Question: About what level are your "30 horseman minus the horses"? You don't want them to fight the BBEG's, but will they be able to keep the 150 rank-and-file orcs off of you? Just wondering if that's a factor.

RuminDange

First Post
Any chance of using Undeath to Death from Tome and Blood ?
A nice 1d4 HD per caster level could take out the undead pretty easily.

Last edited:

Remove ads