Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

eyebeams

Explorer
greywulf said:
Ick. That's bad. 2nd edition was.....well, I'm banned from saying what I think of it because of the forum rules. Let's leave it at that.

This doc summarises the Initiative rules from AD&D. It's genuinely scary.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Actually, that's the rules for 1E's combat system. 2E was considerably simplified by comparison, usually in eliminating 1E rules nobody used anyway.

greywulf

First Post
eyebeams said:
Actually, that's the rules for 1E's combat system. 2E was considerably simplified by comparison, usually in eliminating 1E rules nobody used anyway.

That's true. It sure is darned scary though! :)

And eyebeams. That thing you said. Y'know, that thing. Let's do it.

greywulf

First Post
It is. We're going to take the D&D rules for AoO and throw them into Mount Doom. Anyone want to come?

"One rule to fool them all, and in the darkness bind them........."

I'll leave eyebeams to tell you when he's ready. If he still wants to do it, of course. Y'know. That thing.

Meantime, I'm busy working out how to use the Open Ended Magic System in a post-apocalyptic (damn that's a hard word to type. My fingers feel like they've just done the tango) world, 200 years from now. I'm thinking Magi as fledgling New Gods. What do you think?

An adventuring party could consist of a Magi (the New God, learning his powers), a Cleric (his Speaker, the New God's appointed herald and teacher), and his bodyguards (Fighters and Rogues). They're on a quest to find the New God's path in a broken world. Yeh. That would work.

I imagine Monkey meets Mad Max. Nice.

Oh, and I'm collating the Macropedia in a Big Shiny document this week for submission to Mark @ CMG.

And there's a few (minor) rules changes in the Core Rules that are just clarifications which I'm sure y'all using anyway.

- Clerics can use shields. Of course they can. Silly me for missing it
- A Rogue's Sneak attack is usable each round of combat provided he keeps making his Sneak (sub+DEX) check, and it's usable at range too. Rogues should be able to hide and snipe at foes from a distance, gaining their sub as bonus damage on the first attack each round.

All this is much clearer in the Revised Core Rules, which will also be checked through with a fine toothcomb and made official Sometime Soon. I thought it important to add those little snippets in the Core doc in the meantime.

I haven't updated the .pdfs to reflect those change though, as I'm going through them anyway and the Revised one will be out soon.

Hope that's ok by all.

Last edited:

Pilsnerquest

First Post
It is. We've going to take the D&D rules for AoO and throw them into Mount Doom. Anyone want to come?

I thought we already did this? I never saw any mention of AoO in Microlite20 therefore it did not exist. Interesting, declaring no AoO...what are you up to over there?

Pilsnerquest

Last edited:

greywulf

First Post
Pilsnerquest said:
I thought we already did this? I never saw any mention of AoO in Microlite20 therefore it did not exist. Interesting, declaring no AoO...what are you up to over there?

And you never will. I swear on my first character's grave (a scout in Traveller, circa 1977. Died in the first combat).

In D&D however, AoO is alive an well, corrupting the minds of young and old alike. But that's another story.

Ry, if it's in the Macropedia, it'll go in Big Shiny. Which means we need to get Reserve Points in :D If you find time, please click that link, press Edit this page and paste the text in. I'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Remove ads