• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microsoft Vista

Thanee

First Post
Lord Zardoz said:
Most comments I have heard regarding Vista so far are negative. I was wondering if anyone has any positive reviews?

So far it's working fine for me (only minor issues which could be resolved easily). Havn't installed any games yet. ;)

I can only recommend to get the latest drivers for *anything* you got and install those instead of the ones that come with the hardware.

DreamScene is nifty (and completely useless much like the Aero desktop as a whole, but at least it looks cool). :D

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
Just got Ultimate 64 installed and watching videos on my 40" LCD through Media Center and the XBOX360 is very very awesome. It doesn't work with DivX out of the box unfortunately, but I'm working on a few things I've found online to get them to work.

Mystery Man

First Post
If you want to get rid of the idiotic permissions pop-ups (I freaking hate them) go to Start/Accessories/Run...type "msconfig" without the quotes, go to the Tools tab and scroll down to Disable UAC. Click on it, click Launch, when the command box is done close it and reboot. No more pop-up B.S.!

Stupidest implementation ever.

drothgery

First Post
Mystery Man said:
If you want to get rid of the idiotic permissions pop-ups (I freaking hate them) go to Start/Accessories/Run...type "msconfig" without the quotes, go to the Tools tab and scroll down to Disable UAC. Click on it, click Launch, when the command box is done close it and reboot. No more pop-up B.S.!

Stupidest implementation ever.

Bah. Disabling UAC shouldn't even be an option. Nobody's going to actually follow MS guidelines for writing software that works as a non-admin if ignoring them doesn't bother average users.

Remove ads