• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minds in Hedrad: (NF's Scarred Lands Psionic Game!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ivor hears your cry "I'm coming Verity!" He turns to Jondyn. "Stay here!"

He raises his warhammer and shield. "Come then you murderous son of Kadum! I will have your head this day, by Hedrada!"

He mutters a quick prayer and words in the name of Hedrada (bless)

He charges up the stairs past you Verity and up to the sixth floor As he reaches the top of the stairs you hear a shout "By Hedrada!" The battle is now on.

<Samahtar> You heard all this as your mind link with Verity, though weak, helps your own impressive elven hearing. Plus the fact the creature, what ever it is, is broadcasting it's thoughts very loudly.

Jondyn, you feel a feeling of unnamable dread fill you. Perhaps one of the gods is trying to telling you something...but regardless, you fear that Ivor just placed himself in terrible danger.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
<<Verity! Yes, I heard that, and my sight link yet remains. I am going to initiate mental combat with the creature, or at least attempt to... while it is distracted, you may be able to take it out in the physical realm, though I will not communicate with you for fear of breaking my concentration. Inform the Justicar!>>

Samahtar will try to get a mental lock on the creature that is thinking loudly...

<<Throw things at my companions, will you?>> He projects venomously. <<Let's see how well you do when you have opponents on both the mortal and mental planes...>>

Manifesting Psychic Crush at the 'loud thinker', if within range.

Nightfall

<ooc> It rolled an 8. Obvious it's not going to succeed...</ooc>

Samahtar: You hear a roar and suddenly a thrashing sound. While your attack appears to have effected it...what ever the creature is, it's not apparently mortal enough to be affected by your attack. Still you think you made it mad...

In the meantime Ivor cries out "Taste the righteous hammer of Justice!" He swings...

And you hear a solid "THUNK!" as his warhammer connects. The creature roars back in pain. He apparently did some damage to it...but not enough to kill it obviously.

Nightfall

Jondyn, as you speed up the stairs you hear a roar and "Thump!" as Ivor grunts in pain, feeling the force of the creature's blow.
You manage to get there as Ivor is slowly, slightly wobbling to his feet. In front of him and you, a large creature, carved of some dark rock and glowing with a hideous purple glow starts to go for him. Roll Initative.

Jarval

Explorer
Initiative: 2+5 = 7

Verity sprints up the stairs after Jondyn and the Justicar. Upon seeing the creature, the Blue reaches into the Astral realm and begins to shape a form to aid the cleric.

Manifesting Astral Construct II with the Armor and Fire Resistance abilities.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Initiative = 15+5=20

Samahtar peers through his mental sight link with Verity at the creature...

<<What the...>> Samahtar projects, slightly in awe of what stands before his goblin companion. <<Be cautious, Verity. It is not quite alive... it is certainly not mortal. My efforts to psionically attack the thing were ineffective. I will be sending up an astral construction of my own design to assist you in fending it off...>>

Manifesting Astral Construct I, with the Additional Attack ability, between Verity and the creature.

garyh

First Post
Nightfall said:
Jondyn, as you speed up the stairs you hear a roar and "Thump!" as Ivor grunts in pain, feeling the force of the creature's blow.
You manage to get there as Ivor is slowly, slightly wobbling to his feet. In front of him and you, a large creature, carved of some dark rock and glowing with a hideous purple glow starts to go for him. Roll Initative.

Roll 3 + Dex Bonus 3 = 6. I need new dice. ;)

When Jondyn does get to go, he'll attack the creature with his longsword.

Nightfall

<ooc> 18 for the creature, 13 for Ivor, so the order is Samahtar, creature, Ivor, Verity and then Jondyn. Btw Ivor isn't just a cleric. He's a cleric/fighter. </ooc>

Samahter, the creature appears befuddled by the appearance of these constructs and thus apparently waiting to see what they do.
<ooc> Your turn Gnome </ooc>

Jarval

Explorer
Verity: Initiative: 7, AC: 17, HP: 24/27, PP 11/15, Talents: 6/8

Astral Construct's Initiative, if needed: 2 + 2 = 4

Now fully formed, Verity's construct bounds forwards to the creature attacking Ivor, and swings with its fists. (To Hit: 2 + 14 = 16, Damage (if needed): 2 + 1 = 3)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads